Chapter 14

My Omega

Everyone turned to look at you and Loki when he spoke those words. You blushed and realized that they all caught the implication. Loki had claimed you, with words if not with action yet. He was so protective and caring, though, that you couldn't mind.

Really, it was sexy as hell.

Nat gave Loki a firm look, snapping out of her shock. "My threat still stands," she informed him, as overprotective of you as any Alpha. It didn't matter that she was a Beta. You were her responsibility. She'd adopted you as a little sister and took that adoption seriously.

Loki inclined his head. "Elskling is safe with me," he promised. He clearly hated that the team threatened and didn't trust him, but he understood that his past, and natural wariness of a strange Alpha were both to blame for that. He would have to prove himself to them. And to you.

Mostly to you.

You had to get to know each other to know if your instincts were right and that this was a good match.

Nat nodded and promised that she would be back as soon as she could. The rest of the team promised the same before they all rushed off to the jet. The mission was more important than anything that was happening at home. You would be safe with Loki. He wouldn't hurt an Omega he'd claimed and everyone knew it. Besides, he was on Earth to make retributions. Basically, community service.

He hadn't been in control of his actions during the Battle of New York and you didn't think he was a bad person. Misunderstood, maybe, but you looked forward to getting to know him better.

Loki sighed in relief when the team was gone and took a step away from you, his armor shimmered away, leaving him in a green tunic and black pants. You tilted your head at his choice in clothes. "Clothes from Asgard?" You asked him, curiously.

He nodded and blushed a light purple. "Habit..." he said sheepishly.

You gave him a bright smile. "I like them. They look comfortable. And suit you," he really did look hot as hell. The clothes really did fit him. You were drab in comparison in jeans and a t-shirt. And fluffy socks. Fluffy socks were important and vital.

"So what shall we do with our evening alone, Elskling?" He asked in a purr. It didn't seem that he much cared what you did together as long as he got to spend time with you.

You took a moment to consider. "Did Thor finish giving you the tour of the tower?" You asked.

He nodded and huffed. "Yes and I have to live on the same floor as the oaf," he whined and actually pouted. "He snores and he snores so loud I'm sure I'm going to hear it even across the hall,"

You couldn't help giggling at the typical sibling rivalry coming out of the god's mouth. It put you so easily at ease. "Poor Alpha," you said fondly.

"Very poor me indeed," he agreed with a smirk. "There was only one floor that Thor refused to give me a tour of. He even showed me the detention floor, but refused to show me one of the residential floors. Any idea why that would be?" He asked you far too innocently.

Your giggled continued and he seemed to eat them up. The joy of an Omega was like candy for an Alpha. "Would that happen to be floor 20?" You asked with just as much innocence. Or it would've been just as much innocence if you hadn't been laughing so hard.

Loki nodded. "That very one," he agreed with a pout.

"That would be my floor. Would you like to see it?" You asked.

He lit up like a little boy at Christmas. "I'd love to!" He said brightly. Of course, he'd just gotten you to invite him to your private space, to your space in the tower that was safe from any Alpha, anyone you didn't want to be there.