Chapter 297: Outgrown

Chapter 297

July 14th 20XX

Izuku’s Apartment 

10:00 PM

Izuku was tired, his entire day had worn him out but he didn’t want Aizawa to notice how tired he truly was. This lead to Izuku noticing that Aizawa was driving faster than he was before. Izuku wasn't sure why he picked up on this but it definitely caught him by surprise. However Aizawa dropped him off at his apartment safe and sound. 

Izuku waved goodbye and headed towards the staircase that lead to his apartment. He remembered the times he had spent with his late mother. Back when it was just them. His father had left for the artic leaving both him and his mom alone. Izuku had gotten used to it but just having his mother with him made content.

Now he had Himiko, which used to make him happy. She made him feel like he had a family but recently all she felt like was a follower. It wasn't a relationship more of a bubble and over the past few days he had grown to see that more and more.

When he walked in he could smell cigarettes in the air, Himiko had recently starting copying his habit, not that he smoked as much he wasn't a heavy smoker but Himiko took it to the next level to impress Izuku. At first it was hot he had to admit that, but after awhile it annoyed him. 

She had created this house of mirrors for him, a house of lies that he was convincing himself was true. He had used Himiko as a crutch to fill the void inside of himself. The void that society created and the void that had consumed his life in this darkness. He relied on people to protect him, he was a loose cannon and all Himiko was doing was reinforcing these behaviors.

He could feel Himiko's presence, it was hard to pick up but he had grown to feel it. Maybe it was there connection or the actions of their bed but who was truly sure. He and Himiko had taken there relationship further but it was bland and tasteless. He put on his smile and walked to where Himiko was, he needed sleep after all.

*Author's Note*

The next few chapters are going to be more dramatic and emotional and I've taken a long time to get them right so I hope you are enjoying Hero Society because it only gets better.