Green light

It had been two weeks since I had seen Harry this Saturday evening. So I knew he was flying back here today, probably flying over my head at some point today as he made the long journey from England to LA. I mentally reminded myself to wish any plane I saw a safe flight, just in case he was on board.

I served my last coffee, hurriedly wiped down the tables and rushed out of there as fast as I could say 'goodbye' to Ash. Tonight, me and Maya were hosting the other three and we were just planning to get shit faced. That was it, that was the whole plan.

We should really start doing things with them that didn't consist of consuming too much alcohol.

Arriving back at our apartment, hands heavy with bottles of alcohol, I kicked the door, effectively telling Maya to let me in because I didn't have any spare hands. And sure enough, a couple of seconds later, the door was opened wide to Maya whose face split into a grin when she saw the copious amounts of alcohol I'd purchased.

Maya, who'd been at home all day, was already dressed so she set about putting the alcohol in a neat line to keep me calm whilst I went to change from my work outfit. I pulled on a pair of split hem leather trousers, a short black tank top and a flannel shirt over the top of that. Casual, but not sweatpants and a hoodie. Exactly what I wanted.

Ollie, Luke and Callie were arriving at about 7:30, we were all going to order Chinese first. Considering how broke me and Maya were, we defiantly did not have enough money to buy all the takeout's and alcohol that we did. But for some reason we did it anyway.

An hour later, the Chinese had been thoroughly tucked into, Ollie eating every single scrap and leftover on anyone's plate as usual and the drinking had continued. Ollie probably ate so much because he had training with his team literally every day and the amount of excersize he had to do seemed ridiculously intense. But then again, I didn't really follow sports so I had no idea what I was talking about.

I hadn't yet had that much to drink but I'd had enough that my tensions were lowered slightly, and my laugh was freer as Green Light began to play over the speakers that, for the first time in my memory, were turned down so we could all hear each other speak.

My glass was lifted to my mouth as I took a sip and spluttered as Luke said something funny when a knock at the door sounded. We looked at each other, completely bemused – we were all here so who the hell wanted to join us?

Maya looked and me, and I looked at Maya. One of us probably had to open the door since we were 'hosting'. I remained firmly in my seat, for once I was not going to open the door. She rolled her eyes, huffed a sigh and sashayed to the door, sipping from her glass as she did.

The rest of us returned to drinking, not really caring who was at the door until I heard Maya's voice from behind me.

'Iris. You're going to want to come here now.' She spoke.

'Ugh. Can you just tell whoever it is that I'll bloody call them tomorrow,' I shouted back.

'Absolutely not. Get your ass over here right now,' she yelled at me. I huffed a sigh, and then following her footsteps, sashayed over to the door, sipping from my glass as I did.

I reached Maya but was unable to see who was outside the door because she'd hardly opened it, and her body was blocking the slither that she had opened. She looked over her shoulder at me, her eyes bright and a smile on her face before opening the door wider so I could see the brown, curly haired male standing outside our door.

I stood there limply, my mouth popped open in surprise and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It can't be...Harry was here? But he was supposed to be in LA. Right?