this is forever

^^the tattoo he gets I'm sorry I'm not good at photoshop but just use it to imagine what the tattoo is and where he gets it :)

you've made it... the last chapter!! *virtual hugs*

Harry's sitting on the tattoo chair, the tattoo pen buzzing as it permanently marks whatever design he chose into his skin. He kept refusing to tell me what it was and only shooting me cheeky grins. I'm sitting on a stool next to him, our hands gently clasped on my lap.

But unfortunately, Harry deliberately moved the stool to a spot where I couldn't see what was being inked on his skin. He meets my gaze again and I smile softly at him.

Even though all we're doing is getting a tattoo, I don't care. I could do anything with this man, and he would still make it one of the best experiences of my life because I love him that much. It sometimes feels as though my heart will burst just from the feeling of being able to say I love him. And he loves me back.

Our gaze meets again and almost as though he can sense what I'm thinking, his eyes crinkle, filling with love. How he's smiling whilst getting a tattoo, I have no idea because from my experiences it's been bloody painful.

But maybe the combination of champagne and already having experienced getting tattoos lots of times before have numbed him to the sensation.

When we'd walked in, I'd sort of expected the man to make a comment about Harry, most people did when they saw him, even if it was simply a small gasp of recognition. But the man had simply looked at him, nodded in greeting and asked him what tattoo he wanted. I guess it was New York and so maybe he was used to celebrities frequenting his shop?

I stroke the soft skin between Harry's thumb and pointer finger as we hold hands, feeling the small patch of raised skin where he has a cross tattoo.

When the buzzing of the tattoo pen stops, it takes me a second to realise because I'd fallen into such a relaxed state curled on this stool holding Harry's hand. The tattoo artist stands up and walks behind the counter, probably grabbing the plastic wrap and antibiotic cream that was placed on after you got a tattoo.

I took the moment to peek at Harry's tattoo, feeling his gaze trained on me as I did so. The tattoo was upside down from where I was sitting so, I had to shuffle around to see it properly.

His skin was red but despite that the tattoo was clear.

I take a sharp intake of breath involuntarily. He didn't. He can't have.

'Is that...?' I begin cautiously.

'It's an Iris flower, I just... I wanted something special, and you... you're special,' he mumbles to me and my heart fills with a warmth that few people have ever made me feel. I love this man so fucking much.

But at the same time, the tattoo fills me with a tiny bit of dread because of course I'm overthinking this. What if we ever break up? Does he really want that permanent reminder of me on his skin? Fuck he'll hate me for that.

'Iris,' he puts a hand under my chin and lifts my head up gently to meet his eyes, 'please don't overthink this. I want this, okay?' he says gently, and I relax. I blink again and nod gently, he's right, of course.

I allow a small smile to creep onto my face as the warmth in my heart takes over my whole body and it feels like I'm floating on a balloon up and up and up...

The man returns with the binding for Harry's tattoo, and I have to move back again to get out of his way.

But I tighten my grip on Harry's hand, trying to convey how much I love the tattoo. Because I do, it's simple, only an outline of the Iris flower really and I know that although his fans will try and pick it apart and work out what the meaning behind it is, it isn't a big, bold, blocky tattoo which I appreciate.