Fine line - the album

Five hours later, LA, America.

HARRY'S POV:

Blood, sweat and too many tears had gone into this album and so as the clock ticked towards midnight, an impending sense of nervousness overtook me. My motto all along had been that this album was for me and only me, but suddenly I was cursing myself for not paying more attention to the public and what they'd think.

Golden

Watermelon Sugar

Adore you

Lights up

Cherry

Falling

To be so Lonely

She

Sunflower Vol. 6

Canyon Moon

Treat People With Kindness

Fine Line

Every single one of these songs all meant so much to me, I'd poured my soul and every emotion coursing through me into this album, into these songs. Every moment from the past year that had left an incredible memory was featured on this album. I was truly proud of this album.

Nearly every song was about Iris, and it felt wrong that she wasn't here, especially when I was surrounded by the rest of my band, my manager. This entire album was pretty much based off her, she should be here.

Yet she wasn't. She was in England, according to Mitch, probably having the time of her life with all her old friends.

Shut up Harry, just because you're fucking pathetic and can't move on, Iris probably has. It's been three months, she won't be thinking about you every second like you are about her.

Every song was about her, that is, except from Cherry.

I'd written Cherry before I'd even started thinking about my second album. In fact, I'd wrote it before even my first album but I'd be worried it would be too controversial because of its retro music and 70's sounding chords. As a song, I'd always loved it though and so it made sense for it to be the final song I put on my album because I think it was time the world heard it.

Initially, after my break-up with Iris, there had been an outpouring of sad love songs that fell out of me easily but after the initial rush, there had only been numbness and a complete lack of emotion that made it hard to think of any lyrics at all.

Our phones all ticked to midnight in unison and Sarah immediately reached for me in a hug, wrapping her arms around me and murmuring in my ear,

'I'm proud of you H. People will love this album because you're yourself on it. Trust me,' then she pulled away, not realising how much her reassuring words had soothed my nerves.

Mitch shouted in excited as he popped open the bottle of champagne, a frown of concentration passing over his face as he struggled to get the cork out.

He swiftly poured a measure into the red plastic cups he'd bought on his way here along with the champagne and I couldn't help but laugh. Those red plastic cups were what every teenager used to drink beer at a house party and somehow here we were, celebrating an album release before a world tour, drinking champagne and using those same plastic cups.

As the first sip of the bubbly liquid trickled its way down my throat, the same two thoughts went around and around in my head.

The album is released. Every person in this world can hear every emotion I've felt in the past year if they want.