Adore you

^^ What I picture Harry to look later in the studio in this chapter :)

Maya and I were fucking weird. It was a good thing we found each other because no-one else would ever want to be friends with us.

It was the 17th March and we were following our annual tradition: face masks, dressing gowns and towels on our head, both sipping a glass of champagne whilst our open window brought in a chilly breeze. Essentially, we were pretending we were in a posh spa whilst ignoring the reality of us both being broke bitches. We talked to each other in posh accents and played tranquil music.

March 17th was a shitty day for everyone and so we always did this to make it less bad

March 17th was a shitty day for everyone and so we always did this to make it less bad. The reason it was so bad was this: it wasn't spring yet, the air was still frozen and the flowers hadn't started to bloom. It was winter, as it had been for the past four months and everyone was fed up of the cold, and also, there was no bank holiday or anything soon to look forward today. It was the blue day of the year. The day everyone's moods were low, no one bothered to smile at strangers on the street and tensions were higher than usual.

Stanley was included in the 'spa' this year and he was fed a tiny extra piece of food as his equivalent to champagne. He swam lazily around his bowl, almost seeming relaxed along with me and Maya.

The only thing improving March 17th this year was that I was meeting Harry at the studio later, something which I was in equal parts excited about, and nervous about. Excited because I had never been to a studio and I was really interested to see what it looked like and nervous because I might have to meet loads of new people. Also, he'd kissed my head? Was he going to mention that? Were we going to have an awkward conversation?

After face masks, we gave each other a manicure and so I painted Maya's nails a bold red-pink color whilst she painted me a more subtle light pinky grey color, reminiscent of cloudy days and cherry blossoms. It was the color I always choose to wear when I had the time to paint my nails, which was not often at all. I did not have 'la confiance' to wear something bolder or brighter, even though I might have picked a warm, sunny yellow because of course, that was my favorite color, chosen over all others.

Yellow was my favorite – it was a cheerful color, a color of happiness and hope that reminded everyone of the summer when they could enjoy cocktails on the beach rather than spending their days constantly in an office they hated.

I'd pulled on a pair of jeans, very wide legged and dark blue with white contrast stitching and a white button down. I even put a pair of earrings in, and put on some red lipstick before pulling on my trusty puffer and saying goodbye to Stanely and Maya before heading out the door.

 I even put a pair of earrings in, and put on some red lipstick before pulling on my trusty puffer and saying goodbye to Stanely and Maya before heading out the door