《24 Look! A Slow Moving Chapter!》

A/N: I AM SOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!!!! I got sidetracked writing like 8 chs for a new fanfic that I'm probably not even gonna publish. And I wanted to write a long ch for you guys but I felt like I'd publish that a few days later... I'm just blaming my laziness on writers block at this point. So I'm sry for not making this long, but I'll another out either today or tomorrow!

Peter POV:

After detention ended, I waved bye to MJ who was walking home, and went to go find Anne. She was still on winter ave, though in a different spot. She must have gone somewhere. I opened the passenger door and hoped inside.

"Hey Peter!" Anne said greeting me.

"Hi!" I said taking off my backpack and putting it at my feet.

"How was your day... aside from getting detention?" She asked.

"Oh pretty good I guess.... My friend punched this jerk guy today at lunch and then roasted him." I said, chuckling a bit.

"Oh?" Anne said. "And did she get in trouble?" She asked, but not in a she-better-have way.

"Oh no, no teachers were there when it happened." I said, and she just sat back and smiled... before it faded.

"You know we're gonna have to talk about you getting detention." She says, and I drooped a little.

"I- can we talk about this at h-" I hesitate. "At home?"

"Y-Yeah... Eddies home, so we can discuss it then" She says.

"Ok," I say,

{TiMe sKiP tO wHeN tHeY gEt hOmE]

Stepping through the doorway, Eddie was leaning angst the counter.

"-not right now." He was saying, and maybe he just talks to himself. I mean I know someone who does.

[*looks at me*

hEy- Well I mean i do... Let's just get back to the story *eye roll*]

Eddie was giving me a look. Not a look that said I was in trouble, but more of one like he was trying to figure out what was going on with me. Trying to figure me out. But of course that wouldn't work. I've kept my secrets since I was 12, and I don't plan to stop now. I just stared blankly back, giving away nothing. Finally Anne announced the matter at hand.

"We're home late because Peter got detention." She said, and Eddie's expression changed.

"Peter? Is that true?" He asked me, and I nodded looking down at my feet.

"Now that we're all here, tell us what happened." Anne said, going over to stand next to Eddie. I looked up at them.

"W-Well... I didn't do anything wrong. Mr. Stark came into my classroom and gave me something I'd left at the tower-" I started to say, but stopped when I saw my par- parents expressions.

"Wait. You've been inside the tower?!" Eddie asked me and I just nodded, scared where this was going.

"Well yeah," I said. "I've been a few times before. I was there right before you adopted me a few days ago. That's when I left my t... textbook there." I said, hoping they'd believe me about the textbook.

"Ok then... how did you get detention then?" Anne asked, while Eddie was still frozen in shock.

"Well when he left, at the end of my class my teacher Mrs. Goldstine called me out for bribing Tony Stark to pretend to know me." I said. "And she gave me detention for trying to look cool." I said that last part quieter, but they both still heard it. It was silent for a few moments, and I was holding my breath.

"HOW COULD SHE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?" Anne then yelled, and I whispered to Karen - because my ear buds were still in - to turn down universal volume so I didn't get a sensory overload.

"THAT LITTLE M-" I heard Anne start to shout before Karen cut off all sound. I watched as Anne raged around, screaming some things about Mrs. Goldstien. It probably was a good thing that Karen put everything on mute that now that I think about it. I get the feeling that Steve wouldn't approve of what she was saying.

[ Time skip to later that night, brought to you by Lan Slee []>\o-o/< {Hello! ]

As I get into bed, I can hear Eddie and Anne talking outside.

"-going to do? I mean his teacher thinks he's a liar, and he just ah..." I hear Anne say and sigh.

"I just don't... know." I then hear Eddie say. "Tomorrow's Tuesday, so you'll be bringing him... I got that appointment. Maybe you can talk to someone then?" He asks.

"Yeah, ok..." She says, and I stop listening. I take out my phone instead, to text Mr. Stark about when I can come over with Ned and MJ.

__Mr. Stark__

Peter:

Uh hey Mr. Stark?

Mr. Stark:

Yeah kid?

Peter:

Ok, so you know how me, and my friends Ned and MJ were supposed to come over last week but uh... they whole 'arrow' thing happened?

Mr. Stark:

Yeah, why?

Peter:

Well since it didn't happen last week, could we maybe come over around like Friday maybe?

Mr. Stark:

Sure

Sounds good.

Peter:

OK great thanks!

Cya Friday

Mr. Stark:

Yep

Peter:

wAIT BEFORE YOU GO

Mr. Stark:

Yeah?

Peter:

I um

I just wanna say thx for the sandwich

Mr. Stark:

Np Kid

Peter:

Ok... Bye Mr. Stark!

Mr. Stark:

By Kid