《52 The Bagel Man》

Long time no read? (yes haha im so funny) also the pic at the top i made (a while ago so ignore my bad art skills. I promise they've improved somewhat) and will be refrenced later on

Peter POV:

"I've got bagels!" I hear near the elevators, and look over at them from my spot on the couch. It's Eddie! Wait what is he doing here? And... why did he bring bagels?

"Oooh! Gimmie!" I hear Clint shout from down a hallway, and a few seconds later he comes running towards the elevators, and snatches like 6 of Eddies Bagels. Then he disappears back into the vents. But- then he falls back out of them? And his stash of bagels are quickly collected up by Nat, and placed carefully back into the box from which they were taken out of.

"Bagels?" She asks, and then walks over to the kitchen. Eddie follows, and sets the 3 boxes of bagels down on the counter. After he's set them all out, Clint comes over and, with a quick glance at Nat, solemnly grabs 3 or 4 bagels, and runs out of the room. If Nat noticed (which she probably did,) she didn't do anything about it.

Then, slowly people started to trickle in. Mr. Stark, Bruce, Thor. Once pretty much everyone was either in the kitchen or the living room eating bagels with whatever else they... eat their bagels with, Eddie clears his throat. We all turn to look at him.

I don't know about you, but I'm curious as to why he just showed up here with bagels. I mean, yeah I'm happy to see him and happy for the bagels, but... why?

"Ah- as you all probably know, I-I'm Peter's adoptive dad. Most of you know me- uh-" After he finishes with his extravagant stuttering skills, he looks around the room, and seems to do some sort of, like mental calculations? Before speaking again. "Uh well I guess all of you, know," He clears his throat. "And I wanted to come here this morning to tell you all that I-" But he doesn't get to get to the point (what we've all been waiting for,) because the elevator doors open. And... waiT LARRY?!

"Larry?" Me and Eddie say at the same time, as said person wanders into the foyer that connects off to the living room, kitchen, and hallway towards everyone's rooms.

"Woah..." Larry says, looking up. He wanders around in astonishment for a few seconds, before making his way over to Eddie. "Hey man," he says, and Eddie just blinks.

"L-Lars... wh-what?" Eddie says, though I can tell he's trying his best not to laugh.

"I came here to edge you on!" Larry says. "Cause I know you, and I know that you'd get all nervous in front of all these super-people, and that you'd need your best bud by your side!" he explains, and slings his arm over Eddie's shoulders. Eddie cracks a smile, before turning back to face everyone else, including me.

"Uhh, yes so. I think some of you know my partner Larry, from S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Eddie says, and a few people nod, including me. "Well, me and Larry have our first mission today, as a part of the Symbiosis Project!" He says, and I smile. Their first mission!

"Wait really?!" I ask, and the two of them nod excitedly. I run over and hug them. "That's great!"

"Yeah, we leave in a few hours." Eddie starts. "And we, well probably won't be back for a few days." He says and my smile starts to drop. But no- no I shouldn't be sad that they're leaving. It's not like their world revolves around me, and that they don't have their own lives to attend to. And... they're really happy about this, and I'm happy for them.

My smile grows again. "That's okay," I pull out of the hug. "Means me, Anne, and Mr. Belvedere get to binge-watch all of The Irregulars without you." I say with a smirk.