Fifty Six

K̶o̶r̶e̶
Persephone

The journey to Olympus was not long, although my nerves made it seem lengthy. I could not lie and say I wasn't afraid.
I was itching to be reunited with my love and knew Zeus was the only man who stood between that.

I steered Poseidon's white Pegasus into the white clouds of the mountains, finding some place to land safely. I didn't have the leisure to take in the splendor and majesty of Olympus.
I only had one job to do:

To see Zeus.

——

I stormed past the golden gates of Olympus, strutting through the fiery gardens of the north wing. After a couple of minutes, I enter into the main foyer of the palace. There were a bounty of déités packed into the spacious rooms. Perhaps there was a meeting I was not invited too?

Gods and goddesses of every element turned their attention to me, cementing their gazes as I walked past them.
They did not care that I was here, invading their sacred palace. They only wondered why.

"It can't be!"
"It's her!"
"No it's not! She looks so different than her"

Their whispers were not so discrete. Deity after deity whispered their vapid concerns, speculating the reason for my sudden appearance, my choice of clothing, even the way my hair was parted.

"It's Kore" one foolish god sneered, loud enough for the whole room to hear. I didn't like the way he said my name.
Like it was some curse....

I stopped in my tracks as I heard his dreadful voice.
How dare he.

I giggled, slowly turning my neck to face the ever so confident diety. The audible silence of the room was lethal. My heels clacking with each stride to decrease our distance. I did not know which god he was but he looked insignificant; surely not one of the greats.

A few goddesses and gods stepped away, making sure to separate themselves from his admission.
He made sure to focushis gaze onto my features; a twinkle of arrogance remained in his orbs.
He made sure he lifted his chin to assert his authority over me.

He wasn't even cute to have a gusto this rich.

I finally stopped just before his stature, raising a finger to his chin, trailing it down to his hairy chest.

"That is Persephone to you.
Queen Persephone...peasant" I whispered, making sure to circle the surface of my finger against his skin. I lifted my manicured palms to his shoulders, forcing them down so I could whisper in his ear. "Don't ever call me by that name again..."

He looked down at me, smirking with satisfaction. "Or what?" he gloated, testing my patience.
He was not fearful of me.
That would change soon.

I closed my eyes, feeling the center of my core. There was a change in me, a dark source of energy fueling my very essence. It had been ripening ever since I left the underworld. I wished Aides would help me control my powers but... We'll you know.

Before he had the chance to speak, I lifted my hand and made his stomach bend, making him fall on bended knee. "Arghhh" he groaned, clenching his teeth as he kneeled in pain.

"I go by Persephone now. Do you understand?" I say again, my voice deeper in level.
He was still silent. They never learn.

I lifted a finger higher, curling it so that his head jolted backwards.His cheeks were turning as red as the ripened apples on earth.