Kendra Saunders👑

Imagine: Trying to protect Kendra after Carter dies

"Ok, team!"You clapped your hands together to make sure you had everyone's attention."Everyone's here-"
Jax began to stand up."Actually Kendra's still in her room, I can-"
"Sit down."You told him."I'm glad Kendra's not here because as you all know...Carter died, and I'm sure she's pretty fragile right now. So I need to ask you all a favour. No hitting on Kendra. Yes, Jax, I'm talking to you."
"Dude."He sighed, exasperated as everyone turned to look at him with smirks and grins.
You rolled your eyes."Come on, you're really not that subtle."
"How do we know,"Leonard started and you turned to him."that this isn't just a ploy so you can ask out the priestess?"
"It's not."You said firmly and folded your arms.
"Besides,"Rip raised an amused eyebrow and turned to the arguably reformed thief."you seem to be much more interested in Miss Lance than anyone else, Mr Snart."
You grinned as a slight pink blush dusted Leonard's cheeks when Sara playfully winked at him from across the table.
"Can we go now?"Mick's gruff voice asked but he had already started to stand up.
"As long as we are all clear."You cast an eye for everyone who nodded and muttered yeses."Yes, you can go."
***
"Hey, Y/N."
You turned around to see Kendra standing in the doorway of your room.
"Hi, Kendra."You greeted her with a warm but sympathetic smile."How are you doing?"
She looked down and bit her lip before answering."As well as I can be I guess. Uh, can I sit?"
"Yeah of course."You gestured to your bed where she perched on the edge of it."How're the rest of the team? Behaving themselves I hope."
"I don't think they know how to act around me."The brunette sighed."Jax is being especially weird. But hey, it isn't everyday your boyfriend of four thousand or so years dies..."
She trailed off and sniffed a little, you sat beside her, it made your heart break to see her like this. You hadn't known Kendra long but you felt extremely close to her, like you'd known her as long as Carter had. Obviously that wasn't the case.
"I know why the team have been acting a little off."You confessed as you crossed your legs.
"You do?"Kendra wondered, turning to face you.
"I kind of made them promise me that they wouldn't try and hit on you. It was mostly because of your thing with character but kind of..."You sighed and shook your head."it was stupid, I'm sorry."
"No, it's ok."The hawk goddess told you."It's really, really ok."
Before you even realised how close she was to you, you felt Kendra's lips on yours and as a reflex...you kissed back. It wasn't that you didn't want to kiss Kendra back, you thought she was beautiful and it would be a lie to say that you hadn't thought about asking her out.
"Kendra."You whispered softly after pushing her away.
It seemed as if she had suddenly snapped back into reality."I-I'm sorry, I've got to go."