Make Then Break The Ship

I took part in the ONC2021 this year, just like I did in the previous year too, and while I was going through the writing prompts they had over there, one of it caught my attention.

Make then break the ship.

Basically write a story in which you make the readers root for two characters, turn them into a couple and then work towards making that couple fall apart.

And though I did not choose that prompt for my story just yet, I have been thinking that whoever uses this prompt would have a real rollercoaster of emotions locked up in the story. None of my stories up till now have ever featured this sort of thing, but I am interested to try it out.

Maybe that's what Honeyed Cabernet | H. Bartinelli needs to get it moving.

I have not yet written more than 10 chapters for that story and all my readers loved the Helexander ship in Caffeine Withdrawal | T. Drake which was the predecessor for this story but maybe I might change things in the future.

Let's just see what happens. Right now the story is on hold because my university classes got started after an year of taking online classes so the schedule is getting tough to manage.

But if I get time to write it, I might follow this prompt. Right now even I am uncertain because I love Helena and Alexander as a couple so much but if I ever have to break the ship, I know all the options I can try.

What do you guys think? 

Would you be interested to read the story if I extend it beyond the happy ending and show things fall apart as well?