Part 24

Jack

We landed in JFK around noon in New York and had to wait in the massive queue to get through customs and thankful when we finally made it through as Ellie passed me her suitcase, she bolted straight to the toilet. Poor thing was bursting after waiting so long in the queue and she came out looking a lot happier, relieved probably. We then headed to the desk to book ourselves in for the shuttle to whirl us further into New York.

When we were dropped off at the Hyatt hotel, I looked at my travel companions and smiled. The way they were staring I chuckled inwardly to myself. I started to walk off towards the entrance of the hotel to a chorus of 'wait and hold up!' comments but I simply ignored it and walked in and got us checked in. We had two King rooms on the same floor but at the opposite end of each other. I know Carson's fears, so I let her choose the room next to the emergency exit and then Ellie and I walked to our door.

Stepping inside both Ellie and I were stunned. Both murmuring our appreciation of the room and placing our suitcases at the foot of the bed. "I hope you don't mind. I just picked one bed since we kind of share frequently anyway." I hoped this wasn't too forward and I knew that I could have easily picked a room with twin beds for us, but I wanted to rest in complete comfort as I know fine well we will being doing a tonne of walking when we are here.

"I don't mind at all. Hell Jack, I would have gladly camped out on the floor if it meant staying in New York for two weeks."

"Over my dead body are you sleeping on the floor." I chuckled and grabbed my phone, hooking it up to the Wi-Fi and sending a message on our group chat. After a few back-and-forth messages, we decided to try and get some rest and meet up for dinner later, which suited me as I was absolutely knackered.

On the flight, I was yet again battling my attraction to Ellie. Especially when she grabbed my hand but then we intertwined our fingers together, it felt almost, natural. Ellie held on to me for a good while and I actually forgot at one point we were holding hands until the flight attendant had offered us a drink. That night at dinner, it was a surreal experience and when we went to the bar for a few drinks afterwards, it was then I knew I was never going to be the one for Ellie. "When do you think you will go out and start dating again, Ellie?"

"I'm not sure Carson. I know the right guy is out there for me, but I need to get through March before I could consider anyone to be serious with." Hearing that, my heart slowly shattered into a million pieces and I went back to people watching, trying to pretend that I hadn't heard their conversation. After a few drinks, we all called it a night and headed back to the hotel. Whilst Ellie had yet another shower, I looked out into the city and sighed. I need to seriously get over this crush I have on Ellie and I climbed into bed, leaving the light on at her side.

I felt her getting into bed. I knew she was there, but with the size of the bed, and me being hurt, chose to be on my side facing away from her, near the edge of the bed. I heard her rummage for a minute or two and then the light went out. After what seemed like an eternity of trying to get to sleep, her soft voice broke the silence. "Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"I know we've often joked about this. But what is it really like to kiss a woman?" I rolled on to my back and chucked my arm behind my head and sighed softly.

"For me, it's the best experience you could ever imagine. It's about how soft their lips are, how willing they are to explore every type of kiss imaginable. My favourite kiss would be the one where your toes curl and you get so lost in the moment that nothing else really matters. Its mind altering, its earth shattering, it's thought consuming. The way tongues dance together, finding their own rhythm, almost like kissing your soul mate if you want to compare it something." I'm not going to ask why she is asking but I answered as honest as possible and when I had finished explaining, I heard her murmur wow and then she thanked me. The following morning, I woke up to no Ellie in the room at all.