Part 36

Jack

I knew that Ellie's back would go up instantly when my two friends approached me. If it were the other way about, I certainly would have been a little dubious as to who they are and how we know each other. "This is my sister Carson and my brother-in-law Damien." Then I wrapped my arm around Ellie's waist and held her close to me. "This, this is my girlfriend Ellie, who you've heard quite a lot about." I'm hoping that will pacify Ellie a little and I could feel the tension drifting out of her body. "Everyone, this is Liv and Carmen. They are personal trainers at the gym that I go to and we've become good friends over the years."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. Especially you Ellie, you've made Jack here into a pile of mush." Carmen grinned as she spoke to Ellie and I just shook my head.

"Well, it's true. My wife says how it is you know. I'm Liv by the way, so you know who is who."

"I'm interested to know how I've made Jack into a pile of mush." Ellie grinned and looked at Carmen. Then they got engrossed in a conversation and I left them to it. I purchased another round of drinks and engaged in conversation that was flowing between Liv, Carson and Damien. Watching Ellie interact with Carmen and I smiled softly to myself. It's nice to see her engaging in conversation with someone that has been a rock to me through my fitness journey.

Of course, a song came on and I had started to bop my head and Ellie looked over at me, with a somewhat amused smile on her face and I shot her a wink. I quickly excused myself and disappeared to the toilet, too many beers puts pressure on anyone's bladder, not just my own. Returning to the group feeling somewhat lighter, Ellie slid up and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me softly on the lips. "You're mush. It's cute to hear that."

"Erm, I am not mush!" I looked at Ellie and grinned. "Much. But I think it's nice that you think me being a big soft touch for you is cute."

"You know babe, I count my blessings every single day. I get to wake up to your face nearly every morning and get to fall asleep with you holding me. Loving you is one of the easiest things I've ever done in my life." My heart swelled and I bent my head and kissed her lovingly on her lips.

"Ugh!! Get a room!" I laughed at Carson and flicked her my middle finger much to the amusement of everybody else.

"Will we see you in the gym anytime soon Ellie?"

"Not a chance. I will leave that to Jack."

"Shame. You seem cool. We would have loved to have you there."

"We can always hang out sometime, just not on this floor. This is really not my scene." I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. At least I could rely on Damien if we ever wanted to go a gig. The night wore on, the drinks flowed, and I could honestly say that we were all pretty drunk by the time we had left the club. We bid farewell to Liv and Carmen, who had swapped numbers with Ellie to get her out and about in the land of the living again. It gave me peace in my mind so that she had likeminded friends and we could all hang out together again. Our cab home was entertaining, and Damien had to prop Carson up several times and we dropped them home first and then went back to ours.

Once we had stepped inside the flat, Ellie groaned as she took off her heals and I watched her height drop and for some reason, it made me smile. "Shut it you." I pretended to fake that I was hurt and then as we made our way through the apartment, I pulled Ellie back and into my arms kissing her exposed neck making her moan slightly.

"Move in with me." Ellie spun around and looked confused as hell.

"We are already living together Jack. I mean, you know...are you sure the alcohol isn't affecting that noggin of yours?"