Part 50

Chapter Fifty

Jack

It's been three months since I met up with Dani and Ellie swears that I'm different, happier, more carefree than I normally am, and I do feel lighter. Dani's revelation that it was all on her, not on me gave me a sense of peace and since then, I've had less doubt on myself as a partner, a fiancée, a lover, a best friend to name a few. We were sitting cosy together in Chelsea's back garden as they had thrown a barbecue and the squeals of laughter from her kids were adorable. I placed a small kiss on Ellie's lips and a crash and a cry moments later, brought us out of our love bubble. "Are you sure?"

"If you are implying that do I want kids with you, Jack, then yes, I'm sure. Obviously, I want to wait until we are married before we do anything, but you know we've been researching it for the past two months. But it's not me that I'm worried about, it's you. You ask me if I'm sure, but are you sure?"

"If you asked me a few years ago if I wanted kids, I would have point blank said no. But, in hindsight, I realise that it is because I wasn't with my forever person, although at the time I thought I was. Now? Things are different. You have shown me a completely different love and I for one, cannot wait to marry you and start our own family." Ellie's face softened and she rested her head on my shoulder as we watched the twins bounce back from their mischief and entertaining everyone around us.

It was nice to hang out with Ellie's family, although I still can't believe she is somewhat under the bubble of Chelsea. I still haven't forgotten the time we sang together, that was momentous for me, along with Caroline. I've heard through the grapevine that Caroline has a girl now and I'm glad, she looked a little lost at the last get together, except she isn't here tonight, someone said she wanted to spend time with her girl before working at Reveal later. It's not a club I go to, not after everything that happened, plus building a life with Ellie seems a little more important than going clubbing these days, but we occasionally still go on a Friday night. "Right, you two, are you excited for your big day?" I was brought out of my thoughts by Liv, who had sat down alongside El and Carmen followed.

"We are. I know it was a bit sudden, but we didn't want to wait much longer, plus it's a small simple ceremony, just the way we wanted it." That much is true. I didn't want to go all out like Carson and Damien, something small and simple was more up my street and with everything that Ellie has been through, she just wanted to get married.

"Did you know that we eloped?" I looked at Rory and raised my eyebrow. "It was Chelsea's idea mind you and I went along with it. It was the best day ever. Quiet, simple and just us and a couple of witnesses. Although she knew her parents would flip at her spur of the moment decision, all she wanted to do was marry me." There was a chorus of awe's and I smiled. I don't think I'd elope, but it was a lovely hearing how they got married from their mouths, not the word of tabloid papers.

I looked around the family and excused myself to go to the bathroom and as I came out, I was met by a smirking Chelsea. "What?"

"Wedding talk. It doesn't seem to be quite your cup of tea." I let out a sigh and nodded my head.

"It sounds rude when I say I just want it over with. But I do. I honestly cannot wait to marry Ellie; it's just the wait is getting to me a little."

"It's a week away now."

"I know."

"Come on, let's grab some beers and chill out. After all, this time next week, you both will be married women and starting the next chapter in your lives." I smiled at Chelsea at that thought and I honestly couldn't wait.

Ellie

I was watching Jack out the corner of my eye, laughing and joking with Chelsea as they drank a few beers and I smiled contently to myself. "She's going to be a great mum, you know?" I looked at my sister and smiled.

"I know. She is the gentlest soul that I have ever come to know, and she really completes me. I can't imagine my life without her in it, I just can't."

"She did look a little spooked earlier with all the wedding talk, she doing okay with it all?"

"Jack has often said she would have married me yesterday, but it's me that wants to make sure both our families are there, despite how small it is. We have extended family now and I think it overwhelms Jack a little at times. But then Chelsea seems to calm her down at the same time, so it's a little bittersweet." Ever since Jack and Carson had lost their parents, it at times as Jack put it, was them versus the rest of the world. She was so focused on making sure that Carson had the best life, that she continued her father's business and legacy, that anyone coming into their bubble, had to earn it in a big way.

"Have you decided if you are going on honeymoon or anything?"

"We've discussed it and we want to go back to New York for Christmas and New Year again, with it being that close to the wedding, we will make that the honeymoon."

"Ah, the memories you must have after admitting to Jack that you were falling for her, how time has flown this past year." It certainly has. Reflecting on this past year with Jack, what I had endured with Grant prior to that, never fails to amaze me. Jack has often said that I opened her up to a different kind of love, when realistically, she was the one that showed me that love had no boundaries. "So, if you're not going to dart off on honeymoon straight away, how do you both fancy a road trip?"

"Road trip? What do you have in mind sis?"

"Well, Carmen and I have this great place we go to relax, and we were thinking of making a long weekend out of it and inviting a few others. I know that we want to go, so extending the invitation to you and Jack, Chelsea and Rory and two others, so it will be a full house, but not as it sleeps ten." I looked up and Jack and Chelsea were walking over to us.

"What are you two up to, hmmm?" Jack wrapped her arm around my waist and kissed the side of my head.

"We were talking about a long weekend away. Liv has suggested it, but I know we are going to New York for honeymoon."

"So? That's something totally different, when are you thinking of going?"

"Two weeks after your wedding. Your new pal there and her wife are going, grandkids are being dumped at their grandparents for the weekend. Should we invite Caroline and her new girlfriend?" All eyes went on Chelsea at that point.

"They are relatively new and taking things slow, I'm not sure if that is a good idea just yet. Although Caroline is absolutely besotted with her, it's nice to see her happy for a change." We chatted more about the long weekend and before I knew it, we were going. We partied for the rest of the night and into the small hours.

On our return home, there was a buzz in the air, we are getting married in a week, a long weekend away shortly after that, life could not be any better than it was right now. We got organised for bed, and we had said our goodnights and I snuggled down. No matter what, I know that Jack and I have each other.

Jack

Ellie dropped off to sleep quite quickly and I lay there mulling things over. A weeks' time and I will be a married woman. The smile took up my face with that thought and as I looked at my peaceful fiancée lying next to me. To think that we are talking about starting a family together, a whole new chapter in our lives after we get married, is exciting. I've already put plans in motion for the business, to make sure that I'm dialling it back, to make sure that I'm there for Ellie and our family. Realistically, I know I could stop working altogether, but that's not my style.

Buzzing from my phone startled me out of my thoughts, and I grabbed my phone, determined to change the vibrate to silent when the headline caught my attention. I sat upright and my eyes went wide. Holy shit. I dialled Chelsea's number in hope that she was still awake. "Hey, sorry it's me."

"What's up Jack?" Chelsea sounded like she had just woken up and I felt rotten. Ellie stirred and looked at me and I gave her a small smile.

"It's Caroline. There's trouble at the club."