Part 19

Jack

We returned back to the hotel just shortly after seven am exhausted from the nights events. I honestly didn't expect Ellie to turn up at my door, nor did I expect her to utter her safe word to me. She stepped inside my room and I closed the door quickly behind her. She walked quietly into my room and sat down on the chair as I sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for her to talk. I didn't know if I should try and coax it out of her and I patiently waited for twenty minutes or so. Scanning my eyes over her, I noticed that her dress was ripped, and I swallowed hard. "Did he hurt you?" Ellie nodded her head. "Did he physically hurt you or..."

"Physically." Okay, she's starting to open up a little.

"How far did it go, Ellie."

"Too far." She broke down in tears and between her sobs she told me what had happened, and I felt physically sick. How anyone can hurt Ellie, or even another human being is absolutely beyond me.

"Ellie. It's time." She blinked and looked up and I escorted her out of my hotel room and into the back of a taxi. We went to the nearest police station and I was careful not to touch Ellie but when it came to explaining what had happened to the front desk officer, Ellie clammed up. "Can I speak on your behalf? Ellie?" Ellie nodded her head and I looked at the police officer. "I would like to report domestic abuse and an attempted rape, please."

Needless to say, the police were absolutely out of this world and treated Ellie with kindness and after examination, a statement from both of us, we were finally allowed to go back to the hotel, and they said they would be in touch. I even enquired about getting a restraining order out on Grant, which I know would take time, but I have to protect not only Ellie but Carson as well.

Ellie went straight for a shower and I gave her some clothes of mine to change into as she didn't want to wear the ones the police station gave her. "Will Carson be mad that they are keeping the dress as evidence?" I blinked and looked at Ellie.

"No. She won't be mad. She will evidently be upset when she learns what happened though. She loves you. You are her best friend after all." Ellie simply nodded her head and lay on the bed. "Get under the covers, keep yourself warm."

"Are you joining me?"

"In a bit. I need a shower first." It was a delaying tactic on my behalf. I need a little space to comprehend what happened last night. When I came out of the bathroom, Ellie was sound asleep. Instead of joining her, I slept on top of the covers. We only got around four hours sleep when a knock on the door brought me out of my sleep quickly. I say sleep, but I was more than aware of what was going on around me. Hearing the soft murmurs from Ellie, the people leaving the hotel, room service floating about. Hauling myself out of bed, I looked bleary eyed and opened the door.

"Well, fuck. You look like crap." I looked at Carson and she looked over my shoulder and noticed Ellie in the bed. She was about to start, and I shook my head at her quickly. "What's happened?"

"Bananas."

"Eh I know you two sisters are nuts, but are you two greeting each other now with fruit names?" Carson looked at Damien and the tears had quickly sprung to her eyes and he was instantly worried. "What's going on?"

"I think you two better come in."

Carson

We stepped inside Jack's room and she closed the door behind us. "We were coming to invite you to lunch, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be hungry after you tell us what's going on. Why did Ellie use her safe word?"

"Why does Ellie have a safe word?" We both looked at Damien and instantly I felt bad for not telling my husband what Ellie had been going through and I looked at the ground. "Carson. Jack. What are you not telling me?"

"It's not their fault Damien, I swore them to secrecy." We looked up and Ellie had sat up in bed, evidently exhausted from not only the wedding day, but her harrowing night. "I'm just going to come out and say it Damien, your best mate has been abusing me for months and last night..." I looked at her and Jack nodded her head in encouragement. "Last night he took it too far and...he attempted to rape me." I let out a gasp and Damien gently squeezed my hand. "I was expecting him to be in bed sleeping, but he was sitting up drinking whisky and he came at me. I'm not going into much detail as I don't want to talk about it, but he started to unbuckle his trousers and I lashed out with my foot. Thank fuck I still had my heals on."

Jack made her way back to the bed and settled on top of it and Ellie cuddled into Jack as she consoled her. Jack continued with the nights events. "Ellie turned up at my door and said bananas. After what felt like an eternity, I managed to get information out of her and we ended up down the police station filing the report and hopefully at some point today, they will be taking Grant in to speak to him about last night. I've also asked for a restraining order to be put in place so he cannot come near Ellie, or you Carson."

"What about you?"

"I can handle Grant; I don't need protection." I started to protest, and Damien shook his head. Now isn't the time for one of my 'Carson lectures' and I understood not to push the matter any further.

"So, what now?"

"I would like to try and eat some food and figure out where the hell I'm going to live. Before you say anything Carson, I'm not moving in with you and Damien." I wanted to protest so badly but I knew that Ellie was being serious.

"Then you can move in with me." Jack piped up. "I have a spare bedroom; you don't have to worry about rent or anything and you can stay until you are back on your feet." Ellie's face lit up and it's nice to see her expression change after everything that she went through last night.

"I'd like that, thanks Jack. Now how about we eat? Where are we going?"

"We were just going to eat in the restaurant here at the hotel, if that's okay?" Jack and Ellie nodded, and I knew that once we had lunch out of the way, they would either come back here and crash out or decide to make their way back home.

The restaurant was quiet enough and we got a table for the four of us and hadn't long finished our lunch when Jack's head snapped up. I have never seen my sister get out of her chair so damn fast in my life and by the time I turned around, I could see who she was heading towards, Grant. "You fucking asshole." Grant looked at Jack and smirked. That was a wrong move on his behalf. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, Jack bull rushed Grant, his feet left the floor and she kept going. We called out but it fell on deaf ears and then my stomach dropped.

Jack was heading towards the balcony with Grant, the doors burst open, and she hung him over the balcony. "Not such the fucking big man now, are you?"

"Get off me Jack, so help me..."

"What? Gonna knock the fuck out of me? Going to attempt to ram your todger where it's not supposed to be. I will be damned. I will not let you hurt another woman for as long as I fucking live, Grant." Jack put Grant down much to our relief. Not that Grant doesn't deserve his just desserts, he does, I just don't want Jack getting hurt. She turned around and we were nearby when Grant went for her, wrapping his arms around her, pinning her arms into her side. She gave us all a smirk and mouthed 'sorry.' She flipped her head back, it connected with Grant and his nose burst open and then she kept pushing back and then Ellie let out a scream.

Both Grant and Jack went over the balcony and a sickening thud was shortly heard afterwards.