Part 20

Carson

I just watched my sister go off the edge of the balcony with Grant. Ellie sobbing beside me and Damien ran towards the balcony then vaulted over it. I think Ellie has forgotten we are on the ground floor of the hotel and that their fall in hindsight, probably isn't that bad. I peered over the edge of the balcony and Jack's eyes opened, looking directly at me, she flashed her cheeky grin. "Get off me!" Damien pulled Jack off Grant and there was blood all over his face where Jack's head had cracked his nose after he restrained her. Serves him bloody right. No pun intended.

I took Ellie by the arm and we walked out of the restaurant, then the front doors of the hotel and made our way out to the lawn but two guys ran passed us on our walk there and we could hear raised voices and it appears to be coming from Jack and Grant. I hope that she doesn't do anything stupid, well, you know what I mean, before we make our way over there. When we finally rounded the corner, I was relieved to see Jack looking somewhat normal and Damien was gently guiding her away from Grant and the two guys that had appeared out of nowhere. "I'm going to fucking kill you!!"

"Ach whatever." Jack dramatically rolled her eyes and proceeded to walk away. The look on Grant's face was priceless when Ellie went straight for Jack to check her out to make sure that she wasn't injured in anyway. Ellie then gave Jack a playful slap on her shoulder and Jack broke out into that smirk you just want to wipe off her face. "I'm okay, you can stop fussing."

"You could have broken a bone or anything."

"I'm fine honestly." Damien was talking to the two gentleman and I burrowed my brow together and Jack looked at me inquisitively. "Ah don't worry sis. Those two guys are detectives and heard the commotion and put two and two together."

"So, they are here for Grant?" Ellie looked somewhat relieved but also pained and the emotions that were running through her were clearly evident on her face. They hadn't handcuffed Grant and we decided that we had enough and wanted to go back to our rooms. Then a scuffle had broken out and Grant started running in our direction.

"Where do you think you are going? You are my girlfriend, not hers!!" Ellie stopped walking and turned around and looked at Grant. Her eyes roamed over his demeanour and she shook her head and started to laugh, which I thought was a bit odd, but it was probably her coping mechanism.

"I am not your girlfriend. We are over."

"Why, you..." Well, I stood open mouthed, as did Jack and the detectives picked Grant up from the ground and put the handcuffs on him. "Arrest her!! She just assaulted me." Yes, Ellie had pulled back her right arm and punched Grant square in the jaw, sending him flying. Thankfully, the detectives played dumb and said they hadn't witnessed anything, and we played along.

"If you ever come anywhere near me again, I will not hesitate to speak out about what you really are like Grant. Do yourself a favour, fuck off out of my life." Ellie spun on her heels but then turned back around and faced him again. "Oh, and even if I were Jack's girlfriend, I would have been proud. She's more of a gentleman than you've ever been!" Ellie stormed off and we all stood there stunned and Jack shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and started to walk after Ellie.

Damien was awesome. He spoke to the detectives more than any of us and when he joined us in Jack's room he had further information. "So, Grant has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and attempted rape. They can't say just now if he will be formally charged with it, but they have suggested if you go to the flat Ellie..." I went to protest but my husband shot me a look. "For around three o'clock today to pack your things, they will provide an officer on the scene just in case any of Grant's family show up and give you grief. We will help you pack up of course."