Part 7

Jack

It felt as though I had slept for hours, in reality, I had only been asleep for three hours and blinked a few times. Then I realised where I was. I was spooning Ellie. I tried to pull away subtly and she turned and looked at me and I sprung out the bed so fast that I nearly toppled over. "I'm so, so sorry."

"Jack it's fine. You are clearly like snuggling in your sleep. No harm was done. Just get back into bed." Ellie was right about one thing; I do like snuggling in my sleep, and it has been months since the last time I had a woman in my arms. I took a quick drink of my water, nodded my head and climbed back into bed. I was lying there, absolutely mortified that I had spooned Ellie and she turned on her side and faced me. "Stop overthinking it Jack. If anything, it felt nice." I blinked a few times and looked at Ellie and nodded.

"I do enjoy snuggling in my sleep, I feel as though I should have warned you. Dani used to say I gravitated towards the heat and just buried myself against her. I apologise, really I do." Ellie playfully swatted me and rolled back on to her back.

"Goodnight, Jack."

"Night, Ellie."

Ellie

I'm not going to lie. I felt Jack gravitating towards me in bed and I did nothing to stop it. When her arm draped around me, pulling me against her, I found myself burying myself into her touch, feeling somewhat protected by her in a way. It was sweet of her to get me tonight, to make sure that I was here on time. She even engaged in conversation with Grant, who I didn't expect home as early, but should have known better if Damien was going around there to hang out.

I knew Jack was mortified when she realised that she had snuggled up to me and I've never seen someone leave a bed as quick as Jack. I didn't want it to turn into a scene, so I had to get Jack to calm down. I was honest with Jack and advised her that it felt nice. I've not been held in that way for an exceptionally long time and it's not that I'm attracted to Jack, I'm not, it's made me realise that Grant has not made me feel protected in quite a while.

Grant, he is everything I look for in a man, he truly is. Lately, I've felt as though he has changed and pulling away from me slightly. He insists that he still loves me, and I still love him, but I'm craving something more from him. I'm not asking him to put a ring on my finger by any matter of means, I don't think we are remotely on the same page for that, but there's just something I need and I'm unsure of what that is.

I have to stop this turmoil that I'm arguing with myself in my head and hopefully I'm not being too transparent, but I glance a look at Jack, who has fallen back asleep. Her mouth open slightly with a slight snore coming out, making me smile and roll over on my side and watched the clock until I fell asleep again.

When I awoke, it was almost ten in the morning. Granted I went to bed extremely late but as I turned over, there was no sign of Jack lying next to me. I'm hoping that she isn't still kicking herself for spooning me in her sleep. I stretched and got out of bed, opening the door and the smell of coffee penetrated the air and I felt as though I gravitated towards the delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. "Morning Jack." Jack spun around and gave me a sheepish smile and nodded her head. "Is there enough coffee for me as well? I'm choking for one."

"Sure. What do you take in it?"

"Just milk, thanks." I watched Jack as she organised our coffees and we sat down on Carson's bar stools, hugging our mugs. "I'm hoping that you aren't feeling a bit off this morning." Jack smiled as she blew into her coffee and if I were remotely attracted to her, I would have found that smile warming the pit of my stomach.