Part 10

Jack

I had got us a table and I was flicking through the laptop, not only for Carson's party, but for work purposes also. I was that engrossed that I never seen Ellie sit down next to me until I felt that someone was watching me. "Crap!! Ellie, you could have said something."

"You seemed hyper focused; I didn't want to disturb you." She shot me a smile and I shook my head. "Do you want the same food as last time? My shout."

"That would be great, thank you." Ellie got up and ordered our burgers and sat down next to me. "Are you ready to see what I've found?" Ellie nodded her head and I opened up the browser and it's saved contents so I could show her where I thought of going and brought out my notepad. It was handy to have if we bounced any ideas off one another. We did invite the other girls to come tonight, but since it was short notice, it was just Ellie and me.

"Before you launch into explaining, maybe we should wait for food. Knowing our luck, our number will be called as you get into the thick of it."

"That's a good idea." We chatted about our day and lo and behold, our number was called. Ellie said that she would be right back, and I must admit I was glad to wait. We ate our dinner and made small talk, which came easily between us and then it was time to show Ellie what I had found. "So, this is a villa called Villa Gaia which is in Valetta."

"Where is Valetta?"

"It's in Malta. This villa sleeps ten people, four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a jacuzzi, BBQ grill, sunbed area, indoor heated pool, and the best part, a pool table!!"

"Out of all that, the pool table is the best thing?" Ellie let out a chuckle and I playfully nudged her.

"That's not all, look at this page." Ellie peered at the computer screen and her eyes went wide. I started to laugh, and Ellie started to bounce with excitement.

"Are you thinking of signing us up for that?"

"Why not, it would be fun after all, don't you think?"

"Seriously, a class to learn burlesque. Carson will have a fit."

"I know, that's what will make it even more fun." We were looking over the information and chuckling to ourselves when a familiar voice made me look up from the computer. "Dani." I stiffened up and Ellie placed her hand on my thigh which I had started to bounce out of a nervous habit.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to...?"

"No. It's none of your business who I am here with. What do you want?"

"Can we talk? About the other week?" Ellie knew I was uncomfortable, and she squeezed my leg. "If not about that, about your accounts."

"Babe? Is this the ex you were talking about?" I looked at her and she squeezed my leg again.

"It is."

"Ah." Ellie shot Dani a killer smile and cuddled into me. "Well, hi. I'm grateful for you, you know. If you hadn't split with Jack, I wouldn't have met her." Then Ellie's voice turned really sexy it even blew me away. "She is so incredible, in every shape of form. In and out of the bedroom..." Dani started to struggle with a response, so she turned away and walked off to whoever was waiting on her.

"That...that was fucking amazing. If you weren't straight, I would have kissed you right now." Ellie let out a chuckle and I placed a kiss on her cheek. "We better get out of here; she will continue to stare or try to make contact again." Ellie nodded and we packed up my laptop and Ellie whispered into my ear and I nodded. Slipping my hand around her waist, possessively, we walked out of the burger bar.