Sapnap- the talk

This is a sad fluff 🥺

Major tw/ mentions of abuse, r@pe, past relationships, read at your own risk

Request: ✅

They/them

Enjoy!

—————

Sapnap POV

Today was the day....

I was going to ask them to be mine.

I had to admit I was nervous.

I even asked the guys for advice but they were pretty much useless like always.

It was cheesy but I was currently standing at y/n's door with a small bouquet of flowers. I thought chocolate would be to much but I'm starting to regret not getting any.

Lost in thought I heard the door open with y/n shyly hiding slightly behind the door.

I smiled regardless of my brain going into a panic of what to say.

"Sapnap?"

I sheepishly nodded.

"Hey y/n... I know we've been ya'know talking for a while now and I have actually started to grow feelings for you..."

I glanced up from the doorstep to see some kind of reaction, it was hard to tell. Their face was close to blank a mix of shock and sadness in their eyes.

"C-can we talk?"

I already knew this was a bad idea but I could already see it going down from here.

I could still here dream saying "the worst thing they can say is no"

Yeah that's a lie.

Y/n led me inside asking if I wanted a drink which I simply declined politely.

We were sitting on the couch in an awkward silence while I sat the flowers on the coffee table.

"I'm sorry is this a bad time?"

I asked quietly suddenly feeling like an idiot.

"N-no it's fine I'm sorry I just... I really want to say yes but I don't know if I can."

I didn't know how to respond to that, I had to admit it definitely wasn't at all what I was expecting.

"Do you want to talk it out?"

They silently nodded opening their mouth to say something but not being able to find the right words.

"I'm sorry if this is a bad time I can leave I didn't realize-"

"I really like you nick, I do I really do but I haven't exactly had a great past when it comes to relationships. It's just hard to..."

"No I get it, it's ok if your not ready if you don't mind me asking what happened? I don't want to push on it if your uncomfortable but I really like you and I want to know how I can make it better?"

"There's nothing you really can do it's in the past now..."

I took their hand into my own gently rubbing the back of their hand with my thumb.

"The first guy I ever went with was through high school. We started off... talking and soon grew feelings for each other.
A few months later he asked me to be with him, we dated for a few months......."

I felt awful, they sounded so unsure of what to say or how to word everything. I noticed a few tears in their eyes.

"I thought I could t-trust him, but he changed, I thought he wanted me and loved me like I did but turns out he... he wasn't just some nice guy like I thought he was. It started with the comments and jokes I just tried to ignore. At school he would ignore me half the time and h-he."

I pulled y/n a little closer trying not to overstep any boundaries while continuing to stroke their hand.

"We were at a part-y and he took a-advantage of m-e. I was so ashamed of myself for letting it get to that point. When I tried to confront him he would h-hurt me, I let it happen I- I didn't fight back. Eventually I ended it. I left and never looked back"

Y/n had almost fallen into my side while they sobbed into my sweater. I felt a feeling of sadness and hatred to whoever would be so cruel to do that to someone.

"So I'm sorry I know your not like that I- I just don't know if I can trust again."

"Don't even worry about it, I completely understand and If you ever need someone to talk to about it then you can always come to me. If you don't want to jump into another relationship that's fine by me we can take it slow and if you don't think your ready then I am more than happy to stay friends as long as it makes you happy"

"How did I get so lucky to have you in my life"

I chuckled and pulled them closer with my arms gently wrapped around them.

I'll wait as long as it takes.