Poisonous Redemption

Another day, another chance to make... some awesome Pokemon food!

Oh yeah, people. I am getting so good at this it's scary. Not Ghost type scary... as we know from the Ecruteak Gym (where I won my badge, by the way) that's a whole other type of scary. But, this is a good kind of scary!

As you may have guessed, Gary won his Gym battle against Morty. Using his Blastoise, Scyther and Umbreon (totally stealing my tactic by the way) he defeated Morty and his ghoulish Ghost types.

However, making sure this stays on the topic of me, since we both won our battles we decided to stop off at the local Poke Mart to stock up on some basics like potions and food before heading on our way to Cianwood City for the fifth Gym badge.

We're on a roll now, people. We'll be heading for the Johto league in no time at all!

But after that, then what do I do? Geez, the worries of a ten year old sure can get frustrating. The future still alludes me...

We had been walking on and off for about 2 days, ending up in a forest with a large meadow in the centre

We had been walking on and off for about 2 days, ending up in a forest with a large meadow in the centre. The only way I could describe it is like being in a fairytale. The shining sun, colourful flowers and large groups of happy Pokemon dancing around made it seem enchanted. Bellossom, Oddish, and Hoppip to name a few, and these Pokemon were living their best life. I never want to leave this place!

And if I can't have that, maybe stop for lunch at least?

"Wow, seems to me this is the perfect place to stop for lunch." Gary said, somehow reading my mind.

"Ya know, I was thinking exactly the same thing" I replied, turning to smile at him.

"Come on out everyone!" Gary and I shouted as we threw all of our Pokeballs into the air to release our Pokemon.

All of the Pokemon appeared in a row, all looking as happy (or moody in Tyranitar's case) as ever.

"Okay gang, we're going to set up for lunch. So, relax and go and have some fun" Gary told them all.

The Pokemon cheered as they went their separate ways, some, like Eevee or Blastoise stayed close by while others, like Tyranitar, Scyther and Growlithe, had a wonder around to check out the area. I don't blame them, if I didn't have to make lunch for everyone, I'd be out there frolicking through the fields, living my fairytale dream.

Gary began to prepare our meals while I focussed on the Pokemon's food (as usual). Umbreon helped me out by passing me the different bowls with its Psychic, while Pikachu went in search for some Oran and Sitrus berries to add to the meals. I realised pretty early on that adding certain berries makes the Pokemon's fur or skin much healthier, you wouldn't believe how glossy Eevee's coat is now that I'm adding some chooped up Oran berries to her food.

I truly love how helpful my Pokemon can be, isn't it just the cutest?

As we continued our meal prep, I looked around and noticed the only Pokemon I couldn't see was Tyranitar. Typical, that big doof must have wondered too far and is likely causing trouble somewhere, I'll be sure to find him when lunch is ready.