My First Battle!

Well... I guess this is it, I'm actually about to fight a Charizard.

Don't freak out, I've got to stand strong. If Eevee believes in himself this much, then I believe in him too!

"Let's do it!" I shout to both Eevee and this nameless trainer.

"Alright then kid, you have the first move!" he shouted back

"Who are you calling a kid? Let's show him what we've got Eevee!" 

I heard Eevee's determined voice as it shouts back to me in confirmation. I don't know about you... but I'm screaming on the inside at the fear of this battle. 

I can't let Eevee get hurt! I just got him! I can't go running back to that insane Pokémon Professor saying,

'Oh sorry about that, fancy giving me a new Pokémon? I broke this one!'  not exactly an option!

So, if I remember right Eevee can use 2 moves, Quick Attack and Tackle, both normal type moves so they won't do much against Charizard

"Eevee, use Quick Attack! Keep dashing around, we need to confuse Charizard!"

I guess if we don't have many moves to do any real damage, we're just going to have to tire the big guy out!

"Humph, is that all you got? Charizard use Flamethrower and spin, knock that little squirt off its feet."

Flamethrower and spin? I'm no expert, but isn't that Fire Spin?

Anyways... what do I do? Umm, 

"Eevee, dodge it!" 

Instantly Eevee avoided the attack and hit Charizard right in the mouth to stop the fire that it was recklessly spitting everywhere. 

"Yeah, Eevee!" I shout out in a mix of happiness and shock.

Eevee is doing amazing. I can't believe this!

But that excitement is short-lived, the Charizard just shook it off like it was nothing! It stared back at Eevee in disgust, like a sort of 

'You're gonna pay for that' kind of look, 

I think it was then when the fear started to kick in for Eevee, but I'm not going to let that fire hazard intimidate my friend.

"Don't let him scare you, Eevee!" 

Eevee looked back at me, but he seemed hesitant. The courage he had started this battle off with, has now be drained and only left fear behind. However, now was not the time to be doubting ourselves, we got this far. While Eevee may have been losing confidence during this battle, I've slowly been gaining it.

"Eevee we can't back down now! The battle's only just begun, we're a team, and there's no way I'm going to let these two knuckleheads intimidate us just because of how strong they may seem! True, they're strong, but we can be stronger, we just need to believe in ourselves!"