Fired Up

After a great night's sleep, in our mansion of a tent, Umbreon and I both woke up to the most enchanting aroma. Opening up the tent we looked to find Gary showing off with his cooking on his already set up station, all ready to go for a breakfast bonanza.

Without attempting to show any kind of enthusiasm or willingness to help, I waltzed up to him in my baggy pyjamas and scruffy hair (quite the charmer, I must say) and Umbreon by my side. I braced myself for the sarcastic or stupid comment he was sure to make.

"Ahhh, I see you finally decided to show yourself this morning," Gary announced as he watched me sleepily get closer to the grill.

"Yeah, whatever" I yawned while trying to catch the tired air, that escaped my mouth, with my hand.

Then, as my yawn escaped me and my senses started to return, I smelt something. This 'something' was like heaven to my empty stomach. Umbreon and I both turned our noses up to the air as the scent of food once again wafted inside. I hate to say it, but it smelt delicious, and I needed it, but there's not a chance I would let him know that.

"You know, if you got up and dressed to help me out, then we could all have breakfast together. At least it'll stop you from making that weird face." Gary said, while noting my obvious hunger.

I quickly turned my head away and crossed my arms in a pout. Making a comment like that has reinforced my desire not to help him. I can't be bothered with his idiocracy this early in the morning.

Now, while it may seem 'normal' to get up and dressed in the morning, I have recently discovered the wonders of a 'lie-in' (imagine a load of sparkles and rainbows around that word, for it is incredible). This wondrous gift is what gives me life, and I will NOT have Mr Smug take that away from me in exchange for a free meal, even if that is my second favourite thing in life.

"Yeaaahhhh... I think I'm gonna pass on that this time Gary-boy" I said, winking while I walked back into the tent with an annoyed Umbreon in tow.

While the comedic nickname he gave to his rival doesn't necessarily fit his name, I do love winding him up in the same way. I couldn't even relish in the state I left him in to turn around and see his annoyed face, as I had to keep up the act of being 'too cool'.

"That's fine but I'll be leaving yours to go cold!" Gary shouted out as I continued into the tent.

He does know I have a Fire type, right? I'll just ask Growlithe to blast it with a bit of fire and hope I don't burn it to a crisp, easy peasy.

After a well deserved bonus five minutes in my sleeping bag, I arose to the judgemental eyes of my partner.

"Ahhh come on, you know you wanted a little more relaxation time." I whined as I tried to justify my actions, hoping for Umbreon not to judge me too harshly.

However, Umbreon simply rolled his eyes and walked out of the tent. I'll take that as my queue to get up now. Quickly throwing on my clothes, I walked back to Gary's makeshift cooking setup to find him cleaning up.

"Heeey! You know how you're my bestest friend forever and ever and ev-"

"What do you want, Liz?" Gary interrupted, knowing full well where I was going with my sudden sweetness. 

"Yeah, I didn't think that would work. Ok then, new approach, don't suppose you'd love to redo my breakfast for me? I'll make you a deal and sort out all of the Pokemon's food for ya?" I asked, batting my eyelids for extra sweetness.

"You realise it's your job to sort out the Pokemon's food anyways, right?" He replies, looking at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Ahh yes, but this time, I'll do it extra fast. Sounds like a pretty good deal, don't you think?"