Copy Cat

Credit to the artist because that is adorable!

I woke to the sound of clunking metal and falling trees, not exactly the best sound to wake up to but it's something. All about those new experiences, right?

I looked around and realised I must have blacked out because all the memories suddenly flooded into my head. Umbreon lay next to me in the cage and I saw multiple weakened Pokemon all lying around us, defeated, in the metal prison. 

I tried to stand but the swaying of the cage knocked me right back down again.

"Hey, old hag, let us go!" I screamed up to the fiery witch

"Aw, nice to see you've woken up, brat." She replied.

"Yeah, yeah, super 'nice'. Now let us go!" 

I'm already getting annoyed, worst wake up call ever.

"Ok let me think about that... no. You think because a brat like you asked me to, I would let you go?"

"Whoever said old hag's don't have a heart were right..." I sarcastically muttered.

"I am not an old hag!" 

"Say that to your hair and personality!"

"Why you..." She began.

The anger was evident on her face, I'm getting to her now. Maybe I'll be able to trick her into making a mistake?

"Umbreon, you feeling ok?" I ask looking down at my fallen comrade.

Umbreon looked up and smiled simply saying 

"Umbreon" in response, 

I'm gonna take that as a yes. 

"Ok buddy, I'm going to keep her talking, you need to go around and check up on the other Pokemon, see if any of them are fit to fight." I whispered to him.

Umbreon nodded his head and started making his way around all of the injured Pokemon, time for me to get back to distracting fire breath up there.

Gary's POV

Oh, this can't be happening

Why would she be so reckless?!? 

Urgh, now I have to go after them and help. I guess when this is all over I'll have some leverage over Liz to use in an argument, nice. 

No. NO! Don't think like that, she's in trouble!

I returned Graveler to its Pokeball and was about to start following Liz's captor, but then I heard a whimper. I looked down and saw the Eevee that Liz and I had rescued, why is it still here?

"Eevee, you can't stay here, you need to get to safety, I'll take care of this mess"

Eevee looked at me with a sad glint in its eyes, I could tell it wanted to help but it's just not strong enough yet, especially in its current condition.