I'm On My Way

It didn't take long for us to arrive in Violet City, and I got to say that this place is pretty cool! I wanted to do a bit of sightseeing, but of course, kill joy Gary, wanted to go straight to the Gym.

"If I'm having to go straight to the Gym with you, you better remember our promise, Gary."

Gary was walking in front of me, but I could already tell he was rolling his eyes,

"Yeah, yeah. I know. You're pretty eager to lose, aren't you?" He said, putting his arms behind him, to lean on and looking back at me.

Oh, come on! That stupid smirk makes a comeback, I thought we had finally killed that thing when I beat him in the match.

"Nah, I just want to get this over with, so the sightseeing can begin! Besides, I like seeing that shocked look on your face when I prove you wrong, kind of refreshing, don't you think?" I said winking at him.

"Well don't get used to it, I'm right 99% of the time."

"Sure you are..."

This bickering of ours went on for the next 5 minutes so I'll spare you the detail of how annoying he was being!

Eventually, we arrived outside the doors of the Violet City Gym, I'm not gonna lie. Now that I'm here, it's a little daunting.

"I knew it." He stated.

Oh god, here he goes again!

"Knew what?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You're scared."

"What? Scared? Come on, why would I be scared?"

"Because it's your first Gym battle. To be honest, before my first Gym battle, I was a little nervous too." He admitted 

Hmph, so I get 'scared', and he just gets 'a little nervous' even when he's trying to be supportive he's still a jerk. Oh well, I can see that he's trying at least. 

I looked up at him to see that genuine smile of his, I gotta say those are pretty rare, so it feels nice that he's showing it. Those are a once, maybe twice, a year treat, so I better soak in the glory of a Gary Oak genuine smile!

"Yeah well, it's a little nerve-wracking. But we agreed that I'm going first, I'm not having you tricking me into letting you go and win before I get the chance to leave you in my dust."

And like that my confidence started to grow again, even without trying, this guy can help me out and make me feel better. I swear, sometimes he's putting me down and others he's lifting me up, this is some kind of really messed up rollercoaster if you ask me.

"You bet, now go in there and show 'em what you got"

We both nodded our heads at each other, and I looked down to Eevee,

"You ready buddy?"

"Vee!" he replied back, obviously hyped up for the upcoming battle.

We walked inside and came face to face with a guy in a white and blue robe, already this place is weird. 

Oh great... more weirdo's to add to the ongoing list of people who weird me out on my journey. I haven't even been on my journey for 2 months yet, and that list has already gotten pretty big.

The guy looked at us both before asking,

"Can I help you with something?"

I was at a loss for words, and it wasn't until a particularly annoying person nudged my shoulder that I got brought back to reality... sadly.