Chapter Thirty Seven

-Kay'sP.O.V.-

America was cool. Well, California. I never been to the other states. Jason said, "don't get my hopes up. This isn't a vacation. As soon as we're done, we're going straight back home." I know he told me not to get my hopes up but I was still excited. Maybe if I stay on my best behavior, he'll let me explore. I guess I better not fuck anything up. He's already stressed enough and I'm just adding onto it.

Pulling up in some old beat up junkyard, gang banger's open the gates so Jason could pull his car through. One of the men stopped him to exchange some words in Spanish before letting us through. I had no clue what they were saying but I was intrigued. Maybe it was because we're in America.

"Why are we in some old junkyard?" I asked as Jason kept driving.   

"Because they're doing business right now and this was a last minute thing."

I nod, understanding what he was telling me.  

Stopping the car, Jason got out.

"Stay here."  

"I want to go, to."

Jason glared at me.

"This place isn't safe. Now stay in the car or suffer the consequences." 

I couldn't even argue back due to the fact Jason slammed the door shut, silencing any words I had left to say. Did that make me listen, though? He forced me into this lifestyle, so I need to know what is going on, too. This son of a bitch is either going to make me marry him or kill me either way.

Climbing out the car, I hide behind some old broken vehicle.  

-Jason'sP.O.V.-

"Jason!" The men spoke to me as I walked towards them. I wasn't in the mood for the greeting type bullshit so I just went straight to business.  

"Cut the crap. I just want to talk about business then be gone." I snap, speaking fluent Spanish. 

Nodding, I continue.  

"Me and the Calaveras need your help. The Lin Triad is on our ass about drug shipments and it's running slow. You all can get drugs quicker from Mexico and South America. So will you please help us?"

"What's in it for us?"

"Twenty five percent of the profit."

Marcus laughed.

"Twenty five percent? You're crazy."

I glared at him.

"Look, it's that or nothing. I can go elsewhere." I threatened.

Marcus sighed. 

"Alright, alright, we'll help you. Meet us at the Canadian boarder in two weeks." I nod and smile.

"Nice doing business with you, Marcus. See you then."

I start walking back to the car, noticing Kayla trying to quickly get back in the car. That girl never listens to me. I press the button to unlock the car, catching her attention. She smiled nervously.

"Hey, Jason-" I put my hand up to interrupt her. 

"What are you doing out of the car? You're in gang territory. Nothing's safe." I scold, scaring her a little.

I sigh, grabbing the bridge of nose and shake my head. 

"Get in the car." I demanded.

She did as I commanded, knowing she is already in trouble for disobeying me. I get inside the car, making sure she feels my death glare. I swear, I feel like I am raising a child. Yet, I am falling in love with this girl.

My cell phone ring in my skinny jeans pocket as we drove along the bridge back to Canada. Digging into the depths of my jeans pockets, I pulled out my phone. To my surprise, it was Alexander.

"Hello?"

"Jason, we got a situation."

"Go on."

"Well, Justin apparently took his capture to Paris for a little vacation."

I almost stomped on the brakes when the words escaped his mouth.

"He what?!" I exclaimed.

I felt Kayla's gaze on me but I patted her thigh to reassure everything was alright.

"I know. He broke the rules of a death agreement. What do we do?"

I groan as I keep driving, just wanting to punch something. Is my brother really that much of an idiot in love?

"We have two options. Either we go to Paris and get him or we wait till he comes back. But then again, there's no guarantee he's coming back."

Alexander sighed. "Want me to round up the crew?"

"You know me so well, Alexander."