Chapter Thirty Eight

-Justin's P.O.V.-

Acacia loves me. She finally said the three little words I've been dying to hear from her since day one. This excited me. Someone finally loves me. But part of me wish she just hated me. Then she'll never feel the pain of my absence when I'm gone. I'm already breaking a death treaty by taking her here.

Hopefully, Jason doesn't know.

"Justin?" Acacia's angel voice spoke.

"Yes, beautiful?" 

She paused, not sure if she say what she wanted to say. I placed a piece of her hair behind her ear as her orbs met mine.

"Will we have a future together?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," she paused, trying to find the right words to say.

"Will we have a family?"

I turned frozen. A family? I never had one before. Hell, I never thought of one. I couldn't be a good father. I could never be a good dad. I'm a serial killer.

My silence gave Acacia her answer.

"Forget I said anything." 

I sighed.

"Acacia, I want a family with you.. but I can't." My voice got weak towards the end.

I didn't want to upset her. She wants a family but I won't be alive long enough to give her one. I can't leave her alone in this gang life with a child to worry about. That isn't fair to her.

"Why not?" She protested.

"Because numerous things can happen, Acacia. My life isn't safe for anyone, especially you. But a kid? That's not fair to you or your child-"

"Our child, Justin." She interrupted.

"It will not be my child, Acacia, because I'm not getting you pregnant."

Tears filled her irises. Before she could run off, I held her close to me. She struggled to get out of my grip, but she eventually gave up, sobbing into my neck.

-Jason's P.O.V.-

Kayla was still mad at me for not letting her get anything in California. But she doesn't need anything. It's just California. This is a business trip, not a tourist attraction. I didn't have to bring her with me. She still hasn't explained about the black eye. But I'm going to act like I haven't notice to see how long she is going to keep the act up.

"Baby?"

Silence.

I sigh before patting her thigh.

"Sweetheart, look at me."  

She looks at me.

"What do you want, Jason?"

"I know you're pissed off at me, but I promise you when I get time off from work, we'll go to any place you want in America. Sound cool?"

"I guess."

I kept driving. I wasn't gonna bug her anymore about it. We pulled up to the driveway of Alexander's house were my imitate gang was waiting for my arrival. Kayla looked at me. 

"What are we doing here?" She asked as she unbuckled her seat belt.

"I got some things to discuss with my crew. Be on your best behavior and don't make a fool out of me. You will be sorry."