Chapter Twenty Nine

-Jason's P.O.V.-

"I can't believe you got Justin to agree to give his life away." Alexander exclaimed. I smirked.

"You act so surprised." I chuckled as we walked into my mansion. 

"I didn't think it would be that easy. All for a stupid capture."

I turned to look at Alexander as he closed the door behind him.

"Please, my brother is a lovesick fool. He's not fit to be on top like the rest of us. That's why he's losing his life over a girl."

Alexander nodded. 

"Yeah, what an idiot. I wouldn't give up my power even if I did have a capture that I cared about."

"Me either. Speaking of captures, I have to check on my own. Go cook yourself something while I go check on Kayla." I say before heading up the stairs to my room. 

Kayla has been chained up in my bedroom for the past couple of weeks since she refuses to behave. I'm not like Justin. I don't give my captures the chance to walk all over me and make me a softy. I'm a killer at heart and that's how I'll forever be. I don't have time for love. 

I open up my bedroom door to see Kayla crying in the corner. She looked up to see it was me in the door frame, looking at her. I began to smirk maliciously as she began to quiver in fear. 

"Did you miss me?"

"Let me go!" Kayla demanded.

I shot a glare at the helpless girl, instantly making her regret her decision. I walked over towards her as she scoots herself as far as she can into the corner. I noticed how malnourished she was due to her lack of sleep and her refusal to eat which made me put off on punishing her. 

I grabbed the chain that hooked her to the leg of my bed and wrapped around her ankle. Just with the slightest tug, Kayla immediately try to crawl away from me. This only made me pull her closer to me as my strength was no match for hers. 

"NO! NO! NO! LET ME GO!" Kayla sobbed in bloody murder as I picked her up and unwrapped the chain from her ankle.

"Sh, Kayla. It's okay."

"NO!" Kayla cried, beating my back with her weak fist.

My irritation was already reaching its boiling point that Kayla is going to make me snap. My short temper ways are not something to be messed with which is something Kayla always seems to do. She's just a nuisance at this point. 

Out of retaliation, I threw Kayla onto the bed and grabbed the gun from my night stand. I aimed the pistol straight at Kayla's head. The only thing was, she didn't flinch or beg for her life. Not like all of my other killings. 

"Any last words?"

"Yes," she paused as a tear slid down her perfect cheeks, "thank you."

My heart began to thump. What am I feeling? What is happening? I'm Jason McCann, I don't feel this way. I'm a cold blooded killer.

Just shoot her. She's a nobody anyways. 

I can't.

C'mon, pull the trigger.

Multiple decisions flew around in my head that was causing a headache. They wouldn't stop. Oh God, please make it stop. 

I threw the gun across the room and placed my head into the palms of my hands. The room was silent, but the words were bouncing off the walls. The voices were echoing throughout my brain. I started to feel sick. I can't do this. It isn't worth it.

I looked up at Kayla. She was still, no sign of relief on her face. If anything, she looked more disappointed. 

I sat next to her. Kayla looked at me.

"You're just as fucked up as me." She said aloud. 

I nodded.

I stared at the gun that laid upon the floor, not making any noise. I tried to piece together what had happen since I was at a lost of words just like Kayla. Within my deep thoughts, I felt Kayla's little hand touch mine. My dark brown eyes looked at her which made her pull away. 

I let out a sigh. I didn't mean to scare her away. Even though she frustrated me, I didn't totally hate Kayla. If anything, I saw some of myself in her. The reject to society who was misunderstood and lost. 

Who would really care if she was dead?

Me.