Chapter Forty One

-Kayla's P.O.V.- 

I woke up in the middle of the night. Jason still hasn't come to bed which I couldn't care less. My leg was killing me. Whatever Jason put in it before to numb it was wearing off. Just remembering the pain has me shaken up. But also remembering the pain of the shot hurt, too. I don't win either way.

Hearing very familiar stomps up the stairs, I close my eyes, trying to fake being fast asleep. But I couldn't get comfortable. My leg was in pain. The door creaked open, light hitting my eyes. Jason made his way over to me.

"You're not fooling anyone, angel." He stated as he started unwrapping my bandage.

Tears arose in my pupils.

"Pl-please ma-make it st-stop." 

Jason's eyes met mine. If I wasn't half asleep, I would be certain they almost looked sorry, but I am more than likely wrong. Jason isn't the one to feel things.

Turning on the lamp by the dresser by my bed, Jason got his medical equipment. Pulling out a syringe along with whatever drug he uses to numb me, he put the correct measurement in the syringe. Flicking it so the air bubbles were gone, he slowly went towards my wound.

"Stop!" I cried as he was inches away from me.

Jason looked over at me. He could tell by the look on my face that I was petrified.

"It's going to hurt worse if I don't do it." He sighed.

Swallowing the uncomfortable lump in my throat, I strongly grip the sheets. Sweat was dripping from my forehead as the needle slowly got closer. Putting it in my wound, I scream in pain. I hated this.

"You're okay." Jason stated coldly.

I look at him with tears streaming down my pale cheeks. I won't be getting any sympathy from him anytime soon. As Jason bandaged up my leg, I tried so hard not to move it. I don't want to make him more annoyed than he already is.

Putting the stuff away, Jason laid beside me. Wrapping his arms around me as I groan and moaned in pain.

"Sh, everything's alright." He cooed as I try closing my eyes once again, falling asleep.

Waking up around noon, Jason was still passed out. The numb medication was still intact so I could get a good night's rest. Examining Jason's tattooed covered chest, I read what they said. Some were just a colorful design. Either way, the art amazed me.

Jason groaned a little as he came out of his slumber. Closing my eyes, I pretend I'm asleep. He ran his fingers through my tangled hair.

"Wake up, angel."

His tired raspy voice called. I slowly open my eyes to make it look like I wasn't awake to began with.

"How's your leg?" He asked.

I shrugged. 

"I don't feel it." I admit.

He smiled. 

"Good, but I want you off it for awhile. It will help the healing process." 

Taking in his words, I just kept laying on his chest. His hand traveled down to my thigh where he rubbed his hand up and down slowly while playing with his phone. I just enjoyed the peaceful moment we were having.

"You know I haven't forgot about your punishment, right?"

My heart stopped. I knew he hasn't forgot it but I didn't want to face reality. I wanted to keep waiting.