Bestfriends turned lovers

"Seriously, kids? Right in front of my strawberry bread?" Chaeyoung laughed as Heejin and Hyunjin stopped feeding each other.

"Whatever, unnie. You're just jealous that JK oppa is not here to feed you. And don't look so disgusted, you two are even sweeter than we are, you know." Heejin teased as she stuck her tongue out to her unnie.

"No, we're not. We are definitely not as disgustingly sweet as you. Yuck!"

"You are just in denial, unnie." Hyunjin, in her straight face said.

"We--" Before the older girl could reply, she was interrupted by her bestfriend who seemed to be left out by the discussion. "Stop, right there. Before you fight more about which couple is sweeter. Please, respect the only single one on the table."

"Poor Mina unnie." Hyunjin blurted, still in her blank face, and her statement made everyone laugh.

"But kidding aside, I never would've known that you were together, if JK didn't tell me, you know. I always thought you were just bestfriends."

The couple in question just looked at each other before smiling and replying to their unnie.

"Well, we were, unnie. Initially. We were just bestfriends before, until we realized that we feel so much more than friendly love towards one another. And that somewhere along the bickering and me annoying the hell out of this cat, I fell deeply in love with her." Heejin explained, looking intently at her girlfriend, like she is the only person in the world who holds importance. This was reciprocated by the same intense gaze and a smile from the taller girl.

"Aww... that's so cute! But how did you know that you liked each other more than friends though?" The cub continued her interrogation.

"Hmm... Maybe, when I realized that no matter how annoying this bunny's presence is, I seem to always crave for more, more of her attention, more of her disgusting physical affection, just... more of her. We have a big group of friends. I love them all very dearly. I even consider them as my sisters. But no love can amount to what I feel for Jeon Heejin. She changed me. Literally. She made me do things I hate, eat things I despise, but I can't seem to hate her. And it's a mystery how she can make me follow everything she says, knowing how stubborn I am. I, myself, don't understand. But, whenever I feel my heart flutter whenever she smiles, I realize that no matter how much I hate to admit it. It's love."

"And I love you much more than you do, baby." Heejin smiled, caressing Hyunjins cheek before giving her a quick kiss on her lips. "As for me, unnies, I found out when I realized that she's the only one my eyes sees in a sea of people. She's the only one I want to annoy and be with. Time seems to stop whenever I'm with her, and I never want to be away from her. I want her affection and attention all to myself. I hate seeing her with anyone else. I want her to be mine and mine alone. Always. I love hugging her. I love kissing her. I love cuddling with her to sleep. I love waking up to her beautiful face. I love the bread she bakes. I love her unhealthy addiction to bread and iced americano. I love the comfortable silence we often have. Just having her by my side can always make everything perfect. She is perfect. Perfect for me. We are like two peas in a pod. We always match. We are the opposites that attract. And I think that is just amazing. I know falling in love with my bestfriend is the best thing I ever did."

"Okay. Hold up. I hate to break your lovely moment, but before you two end up making-out in front of us, let me remind you that we're in a public place." Mina interrupted and everyone on the table ended up laughing.

"But seriously guys, I can't believe that I never knew. Seeing how much your eyes sparkle as you look at each other now. It makes me think that only a blind person wouldn't see how much you love each other." Chaeyoung said with a pout.

"Well, unnie. I hate to be the one to break it to you but you can be very oblivious, you know?" Hyunjin replied, with the others erupting to laughter again, seeing a frowning baby cub.

"She's right though, unnie. I actually even suggested to JK oppa to wear a shirt saying 'date me, Son Chaeyoung', when he was feeling hopeless thinking that you will never catch up on him hitting you up. You are really quite oblivious, Chaeng unnie. Right, Mina unnie?"

Mina, who was frowning, seemed to have been taken aback with the question. It took a few minutes to get her back from her daydream when she answered with a forced smile, "I hate to say this, but I can't agree more, little cub. I have known you for more than half of your life, so trust me when I say you are the most oblivious person I know. I mean, I even see you hitting the wall or furniture in the house you lived in for 5 years, from time to time. Need I say more?" The two younger girls chuckled at the now sulking smaller girl, with her statement.

Well, that, and you also have been oblivious of my love that I have been trying to make you feel ever since we first met. Mina thought, hiding her sigh, looking at Chaeyoung defending herself from the young couple.