UNDERstanding

Chaeyoung woke up to the sound of someone puking, making her jolt quickly and went straight to the comfort room inside Mina's bedroom.

As she got there, she rushed to fill a cup of water from the sink, before kneeling behind the older girl to hold her hair up and caress her back.

She looks so exhausted and unwell. It breaks Chaeyoung's heart, but she knows she can't do anything about it, because it's part of the pregnancy.

When Mina was done, she weakly slide on the tiled floor completely drained. Chaeyoung could only hand her the cup of water she prepared, so she can gargle the unpleasant aftertaste.

When she saw that girl was finished, she effortlessly scooped her, and carried her bridal style, back to bed. Mina wanted to protest but was too weak to do it, so she just held on the younger's nape, tight, and buried her face on her neck. Oh, how she loves Chaeyoung's natural smell.

The said girl carefully laid her in bed, before trying to get up again to cook breakfast, only to be stopped by a hand holding hers.

"Stay." Mina said.

Chaeyoung just nodded in understanding, before laying beside the girl, putting one of her arms under the taller's nape and the other on her waist in a secure and protective hug.

Mina quickly melted into the hug comfortably, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Having her head on Chaeyoung's chest, and her arms and legs wrapped around the younger, gave her the warmth and the calmness she needed to be able to fall back to sleep.

Chaeyoung could only look at the beauty in her arms, playing with the sleeping girl's hair and admiring her features.

A baby who looks exactly like Mina. This thought unbelievably excited her. She can't wait to welcome her best friend's baby.

She gave the sleeping girl a soft forehead kiss before drifting off to sleep herself.

-----

When Mina woke up again to the smell of food. The grumbling of her stomach reminded her that she has to get up already.

What time is it even? Hmm...

Before she got the chance to check the time, Chaeyoung suddenly popped up on the doorway, carrying a tray of, what she assumes is, food.

"Good afternoon, Minari. I brought you brunch." A beaming cub greeted her.

Mina can only give the girl a small smile, remembering about the visit of her ex yesterday. They haven't even talked about that yet. But then again, why should they? She doesn't have the right to meddle, after all, she's just Chaeyoung's friend. And that thought breaks her heart all over again.

Her mind went back from her thoughts when Chaeyoung set the tray in front of her and helped her get up.

"Afternoon? What time is it already, Chaeng?" Mina inquired, when she remembered what the girl said.

"It's 1:15 pm."

"Ohh... That late? This is new. I never slept for this long." Mina said.

"Well, maybe it's because of the pregnancy. You threw up early in the morning too. I don't know if you remember."

"Ohh..." The memory of the said events came rushing to her, how carefully and attentive Chaeyoung was with her, made her fall even deeper in love with the girl.

"Here, eat this. I bet you and the baby are starving." The younger lifted a spoonful of kimchi fried rice and scrambled eggs, followed by soup from kimchi jiggae.

Mina just let the girl feed her. She was taken by how careful the smaller was being with feeding her. She was treating her like a delicate figurine that can break with too much pressure and she can't help but blush.

In the middle of the meal, Mina decided to ask, "How about you, have you eaten yet?"

This time, it's the girl's turn to blush and stutter upon responding, "Well, uhm... Hehe. I overslept too, and I wanted to make sure that I get to feed you two, as soon as you wake up, so I rushed here after I finished cooking. Good thing you were already awake by then."

The girl was rambling, because she saw how Mina's eyebrows furrowed when she heard her response.

Uh-oh. Chaeyoung thought. Scratching her forehead and forcing a smile.

"So, let me make this clear, you haven't eaten too?" Mina asked with an eyebrow raised.

Gulp.

"I was planning to eat after feeding you." Chaeyoung carefully replied, closing her eyes, like she was afraid that she'll get hit because of her answer.

But it didn't come. She only heard Mina sigh deeply, like she was trying to gather her patience, before shouting, "OUT!!!" on the top of her lungs.

"Get out of here right now, Son Chaeyoung! How many times do I have to tell you not to skip your meals? You are so hardheaded! Ugh!" Mina continued, while Chaeyoung quickly scrambled and ran out of the room, only to come back second later, peeking on the doorway with only her head showing. "But how can I feed you when I'm out of the room, babe?" She said pouting, only to receive a flying penguin stuffed toy straight to her face.

"I can feed myself. I'm not invalid. Worry about yourself. You have ulcer, for Pete's sake! You freaking workaholic! And it's almost 2 pm. You careless baby!"

That was the reason why Mina was so mad. Chaeyoung was once diagnosed with ulcer because of skipping meals due to focusing too much on her work.

So, Chaeyoung could only drag herself to the kitchen to eat, defeated.

Talk about being very obedient and UNDERstanding.