A little back story.

Mina unnie and I have a very special bond that even our friend group and my own boyfriend knows about. We are known as a pair by everyone who knows us. We were almost literally attached by the hip, since I stood up for her in middle school before. 

She was the very quiet and introverted transfer student from Japan. She is older than us by two years and is a great ballerina, as I heard. She was smart, kind, soft-spoken, and elegant and what you can describe as someone who looks and acts like a real life princess. And as I first saw her, I just knew I had to be her friend. 

We were already halfway through the school year, when I actually had the guts to talk to her. I was about to approach her, under the tree in the school campus where she usually ate, when I saw some guys harassing her. Something about asking her to accept the flowers one of the boys were handing her and her agreeing to be the boy's girlfriend. When I saw how she was about to cry, because she wasn't used to this much attention, I decided to stand up for her.

People always tell me I am small, but I am a fierce baby tiger, as my parents used to describe me. So, I lunged forward and stood in front of Mina unnie and tried to scare the tall boy and his tall friends, by asking them to back-off.

They laughed at me at first and the boy, who I think was the one who likes Mina, even mocked me by calling me tiny and ruffling my hair, so I took his hand from my head, bit it and kicked him where it hurts the most!

As he curled on the floor, I took this opportunity to grab Mina unnies wrist and run. We ran like our lives depended on it, because it did, because I am sure the boy's friends were running after us.

When I felt like no one was after us anymore, I stopped. I was slouching, hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath, and so was Mina unnie. And as our eyes met, I don't know what happened, but we just started to smile, which turned to loud laughs, and the rest was history, because after that fateful day, we became the inseparable "MiChaeng", as our friends liked to refer to us with.

We have been together for almost our whole life. And for the 15 years that Mina unnie and I have been friends, we had always seemed to get each other like no one else could. We understand one another without even talking. I can even say that we know each other more than ourselves, together everyday, always. Not one without the other. It's like we needed each other like how we needed air to breathe. They say we are soulmates, the perfect half of each other. And I think that is true, because I know I can't live without my Minari.

That's why when she was still ignoring me when we arrived home, after our shifts from the hospital, I felt like a piece of me was missing. We never had an argument/problem that we weren't able to fix within a span of hours. The longest we fought was only 4 hours! So, as she locked the door of her room in our shared apartment, I wasn't able to stop myself from tearing up.

Mina unnie, talk to me please. I'm sorry...