33

This is 3k words, and like 1/2 smut; read at your own risk. No warnings because at this point, it is what it is. The long chapter to make up for the short.

Jungkook POV3 (Present time)

Jungkook made his decision, tiptoeing to the door of his choice. It was for the best, he tells himself. He was doing this for both of their sanities. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door.

"Didn't think you'd come."

"Wasn't going to."

"What took so long?"

"I was just remembering."

Yoongi's face softened, and he scooted to one side of his bed. "Come here."

Jungkook unsurely walked over, and slid under the blankets, awkwardly keeping a few inches away from touching the pale man opposite him. There was a slight hesitation before Yoongi spoke up again. "One night. Can we pretend nothing happened for one night?"

Before either of them could overthink it, Jungkook closed the space between them, his arms going around a familiar waist and his head cuddling into a familiar chest. They didn't realize how stiff they were until they relaxed.

"You were gonna answer my questions."

"What do you want to know, Kookie?" Yoongi sighed, subtly inhaling Jungkook's vanilla smell. One word popped into his head to describe the feeling welling up in his chest. He pushed it away, instead hugging the small boy closer to him. "You're freezing, Kooks."

A light giggle escaped the maknae's mouth. It was a happy sound. A sound that has not been heard around the dorms for a while.

"Are you drunk?"

"No. Merely intoxicated by you."

Jungkook reared back, smacking the laughing boy's chest lightly. "Aish! Sappy much, Hyung?" But he couldn't help the bunny smile that broke over his own face upon hearing Yoongi's dry chuckles.

"Sappy, and you love it."

"Hmm. I bet Jin-hyung says the same thing to Namjoon-hyung."

"You offend me! I'm not that bad!"

The two kept on bantering about the older couple. It wasn't about the jokes they told, or the people they roasted (figuratively, not literally), it was about being together, hearing each other's voices and holding tight.

"I missed this." Yoongi sighs, trying to catch his breath from how much he'd laughed in the last 20 minutes. Jungkook looks at him curiously for a second, the large doe eyes widening, before he slowly relaxes.

"Me too."

"I missed you."

Dead silence. They have frozen, Jungkook in disbelief and Yoongi in horror of what he'd just blurted.

"Fuck. Maybe I am drunk."

"Drunken words are just sober thoughts."

"When had my bunny gotten so wise? You sound like Joon." Yoongi tentatively ruffles the mess of soft brown hair that was sticking out in all directions. "We should sleep. It's la-- early."

They burrow down, Yoongi back-hugging Jungkook, his head buried in Jungkook's hair, inhaling the sweet scent that will leave in the morning. His pale hands tightened around the maknae's small waist when Yoongi imagined Jungkook waiting until he fell asleep and tiptoeing out. No, Yoongi wasn't letting Jungkook go until he was sober.