39: Studio Break pt 134340

3rd Person POV (Present Time)

It was a stupid argument, really. Yoongi didn't even know how it started. All he knew was that Taehyung and Jimin had their faces inches apart (which wasn't unusual), fists clenched, and voices raised.

"Pluto deserves to be recognized!"

"I never said he didn't!"

"YES YOU--THIS IS SERIOUS! Stop laughing! Have you ever thought about what Pluto thinks when he cries himself to sleep? LOOKING ON AT ALL THE OTHER PLANETS HAVING FUN AND HANGING OUT AND MOCKING HIM FOR HIS SIZE! JUST BECAUSE HE IS SMALL DOESN'T MEAN PLUTO DOESN'T HAVE A BIG HEART! IT'S THE INSIDE THAT MATTERS. PLUTO WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR US; HOW COULD THEY KICK HIM OUT? Poor Pluto. It's okay, because I still love him."

"Why are you so fucking hung up on Pluto?!"

"He deserves recognition Jimin!"

"Oi! I'm your hyung. That deserves recognition!"
"Fuck the hyung--"

"I'd really rather you didn't, Yoongi-hyung doesn't bott---"

"WOAH!" Seokjin walked in, wide eyes and with his hands waving like he was trying to flag down a taxi in the middle of London city. "There'll be no fucking anybody on my watch! Taehyung? Jimin? Language!"

The younger brat turned to Namjoon. "You think Pluto deserves recognition as a planet, don't you hyung?" Taehyung pouted, looking up at the leader with a hopeful face.

"Ahh.. yeah TaeTae, Pluto is awesome." Namjoon coughs, trying to cover his red face with his fists. Taehyung brightens, wrapping Namjoon in a giant hug.

"Thank you leader-hyung! You're the best!"

Taehyung runs out of the room, skipping happily down the hallway. Namjoon turns a guilty face towards Jimin. "I'll have a talk with him about honorifics."

Jimin nods, looking appeased.

Why this was the moment Yoongi decided to remember at 3 in the morning, he didn't know. But it is what it is, and he had a song to write and a member to apologize to. He indistinctly remembered that he might or might have not been the start of that argument. Some weird off-hand comment about Pluto being referred to as "134340". No one ever did know what might set the second-youngest off.

If you told Yoongi about a year ago that he would be writing a song sympathizing with a (ex) planet, he would've called you crazy. Or told you to fuck off. (Probably told you to fuck off.) Yet here he was. How do you even start something like that?

What meaning is left of the fallen planet's remaining life?

I'll receive it til I die, your stifling stare

I still orbit you, and nothing's changed

Yoongi pauses, adding another line.

If love has no name, everything has changed

The familiar flow of writing washes over him as he adds more and more, fingers flying and keyboard clicking.

Us is the plural form of U

Maybe I wasn't there from the start

Someday, you'll also understand my words