4

JUNGKOOK'S  FIRST POV 

(Present Time)

After Yoongi left, telling me to leave before he came back, I sat there, on the floor of his studio, crying. I would have sat there longer than the 3 hours if it wasn't for Jimin.

"I thought I heard crying-- KOOK?" Jimin was literally the last person I wanted to see right now.

"Go away." I have my face buried in my hands, and pray Jimin would go away. No such luck. I hear footsteps coming towards me. They stop.

"Jungkook." He tries to move my hands away from my face. "Look at me. Please." Against my will, my hands move. Jimin is crouched down in front of me, concern written all over his face. I open my mouth, and then realize that I really don't have it in me to hate him. Don't have the energy to tell him to leave. Jimin sees my tear-stained face and carefully pulls me to him. "Shhhhh. Don't try to talk. Breathe, Kook. Breathe. You'll know when you're ready." I take his advice and steady my breathing, holding onto Jimin for moral support. My mind wanders to--what else?-- the most randomest thing. Nicknames. Yoongi calls me "Kookie". Tae calls me "Kooks". Jimin is currently in a "Kook" phase, although that can change. I remember when Namjoon used to call me "Jungie". That was awkward.

Somehow, where before I felt like I am falling apart, with Jimin holding me, I felt like I will survive and maybe even win my now-ex boyfriend back. That was just wishful thinking though. Yoongi has told me how he feels about cheaters.

I honestly don't know how much time passes, but I do know that after a while Jimin starts humming. Softly and quietly. Just humming. It was a nice melody, one I was unfamiliar with.

"What song is that?" I asked when he finished. Jimin comes down from whatever thought train he was on.

"The song? Shit sorry. Ummm.... Honestly I wasn't thinking, it must've just slipped out. Something V's thinking about doing for his solo this album." Tae's solo? I forgot all about it. He hadn't talked about it to me. Was my disinterest in my best friend's life that obvious? Some friend I am. Jimin begins humming it again. When he starts singing, for the first time, I'm not jealous of his voice. I'm strangely comforted.

"그 호수에 내가 날 버렸잖아
내 목소릴 널 위해 묻었 잖아" 

I dumped myself into the lake, I buried my voice for you.

What a strange thing for Tae to sing about. Or was it? It scared me how I barely knew my best friend anymore. I listened to Jimin singing the haunting lyrics, trying to place a time or place Tae might have ever felt this way.

"What's it called?"

"Serendipity."  

I made a mental note to ask Tae about it later. Unlike what I imagined Jimin being like, he stayed quiet, sensing that I had no desire to talk.

Around 20 minutes passed before I freed myself from his arms. "Thanks."

He looked at me with large, serious eyes. "Anytime, Kook. Anytime." Then, "Do you mind?"

Huh? "What?"

"Me calling you Kook. I know we aren't exactly close." Perceptive, aren't we, ChimChim.

"Yeah, it's fine." And somehow, it is. Somehow, when Jimin gets up and asks me back to his room to talk, I find myself following him.  It would be easier than attempting to talk to anyone else right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Edit: The numbers are off because I took out chapter 3. It doesn't have anything over-important, just Taehyung and Jungkook fooling around.