16

Jimin POV1 (present time)

Jungkook sits on the floor, exhausted, yet gathering himself to tell me what's next. A ping from my phone interrupts him.

------------------------------------

Taehyung is in italics

Jimin is in bold

Hey, I'm with Yoongi-hyung. Tell Kook that I'm sorry.

I'm with Kook rn, I'll tell him. How's hyung?

He's back at his room at the bar-- you connect the dots. Is Kook ok? What are you doing with him?

Not anything you did, I assure you

I said sorry. Meanie.

Are you coming home soon?

Tae?

Tae? Hello!!!

Sorry. I don't think so.

Sorry you'll have to deal with Jin and Joon. Good night.

Good night

---------------------------------------------------

"Tae said he's sorry."

Jungkook raises an angry eyebrow. "He can shove his 'sorry' you-know-where."

"Kooks..."

"Fine. Are they coming home?"

I sigh.

"No."

Jungkook nods and miserably looks at the floor. I ruffle his hair.

"Don't blame yourself..."

He nods, this time automatically, not really agreeing with me.

"Why do you care, anyway?"

I think before replying. "You're our maknae, Kooks. We're supposed to care for you. But that's not it , though. I think... Yoongi's done so much for Hoseok and I, that I feel like he deserves the best. I talked to him, and he seems so happy around you..." I look into the eyes of the Golden Maknae. "Maybe it's because I ship you two. Ever think of that, Lover Boy?"

He gasps, and I laugh at him. Dinner's lighthearted, with Jungkook telling Jin's infamous dad jokes. The highlight was when he laughed at his own joke harder than I did.

Luck's on our side, at least tonight. Joon and Jin are spending the night at a friend's house, and Hoseok's gone to his parents' for the week. No explaining. Just me and Kooks here in the apartment.

"I'll tell you one more today. "  

I am about to protest. Jungkook looks tired, worn, and in no state to think about his ex, yet he insists.

"Listen. I don't know if I'll be able to say this tomorrow."

So I settle down, and get myself prepared for another segment of the Yoonkook love story.