Chapter 44

Harry and I moved to the side of the room, while everyone else moved to reattempt casting their own Patronus. We leaned against the walls and sat in silence, neither of us knowing when to start or how to. I shifted to tuck my legs under me and to the side in order to get comfortable, fidgeting was a nervous habit. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard Harry ask. 

I turned to look at him to find him already looking at me as if he could read my answer before I spoke it, "I was worried about what you would say. I was planning on telling you before my birthday but things didn't go to plan."

Harry allowed us to sit in silence again as he thought about everything. I let him, I'd do anything for him to accept it all. 

"Why him? Why Malfoy?" Harry asked as looked down fiddling with his hands. 

I threw the question around in my head a few times. I tried to find the start of it, the reason I gave Draco a chance. "He sees past me being your little sister. He sees me for being me and he doesn't want to change me. It's hard to explain. Imagine your brain telling you that it's all wrong but for no reason, and with no logic, it's like your heart pulls you towards them and just knows that they're right. Draco is my right and he is a better person with me."

"He means that much to you?" Harry asks. 

I nodded, "And so much more." 

I watched as Harry took a sigh before he reached his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a side hug. I rested my head on his shoulder. "I don't like him but if you're happy, I'll leave it be. If he ever hurts you I'll kill him though."

I laughed, "I think that is fair enough."

"And, promise me, no more secrets?" Harry asked before pressing a kiss into my hairline. 

"No more secrets," I reassured him. 

We sat together just enjoying each others comfort for a little while longer before Harry spoke, "I guess we better get back. I have a class to run," He chuckled. "But first, do you still have my presents?"

I laughed, "They're in my trunk. You can open them when we get back to the common room." 

Harry pushed himself up onto his feet before offering his hand to me. I accepted his hand and let him pull me up before I followed him through the crowd. 

"Keep trying, Seamus!" Harry encouraged Seamus, who had only managed a few wisps at of his wands. I thought this was good for him since there was no explosion. 

"George, your turn now," Harry spoke as he walked past. 

"Expecto Patronum," George cast. 

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents." Harry explained as I slid over to Ginny. 

"Expecto Patronum," Ginny cast, successfully producing her Patronus in the shape of a horse. 

 "Fantastic, Ginny," Harry called as he walked away. 

"Pretty good," I smiled. 

"Weren't too bad yourself," Ginny smirked giving me a light nudge into my side. 

"I ended up sobbing on the floor," I recalled. 

Ginny shook her head as she tried to stay focused on the spell, "But you cast a full-bodied Patronus."

The lights flickered and the whole room rumbled. The joyous laughter and blue wisps ceased to exist as we all looked around uncertain. We all moved to face the mirrored wall, where the sound resonated from. I easily fell in beside Harry, my wand slightly in the air.