Chapter 28

^^ Rose's Dress

"Hermione, you have to come out of the bathroom eventually. You promised to curl my hair," I called through the door. 
"I don't know if I can do this. I might just stay here," Hermione called back. 
"Hermione, please. You haven't even seen my dress." I asked back through. 

Ginny came tumbling back through the door, "Has she come out yet?" I shook my head at her. Ginny frowned as she turned to me, "Neville is waiting down stairs so do you mind if I..." 
"Go, I'll see you there." I smiled at her watching as she twirled out the room in her poufy dress. Her mum had ended up remaking up one of her old dress with some new fabric but it still looked cute on her. 
"Hermione! I'm begging you, please, come out. We can sit and curl my hair before we revisit the whole heading downstairs." 
"I'm not sure..."
"Hermione, what about you're date," I leaned against the wall next to the door. "If I'm honest I'm a little uncomfortable in my dress too. I could really use some moral support out here." 

Finally, the bathroom door creaked open revealing Hermione with her hair done up and wearing a pink ballgown. I backed up as she walked into the room. She looked amazing and had no reason to be hiding in the bathroom. 

"You look beautiful," I looked at her.
Hermione just shook her head and pulled out her wand gesturing for me to step closer. With a flick, "Crinus Muto." I felt my hair tug on my scalp as it bounced and swirled into loose ringlets down my mid back. "Go look in the mirror," She smiled at me.

Following Hermione's advice and I walked into the bathroom to the mirror over the sink. I could tell it was me, they had my face but I looked brighter and more alive. The green of my dress contrasted my red hair perfectly and I was shocked. That was me. 

"I look so different," I whispered touching a ringlet of hair. 
"You look like you always have just with a different hairstyle and a dress," She smiled grabbing my hand. I glanced back into the dorm room and looked at the clock.
"We better go. Can't keep our dates waiting," I spoke leading her out to the staircase. 
"Okay," She smiled as we walked down together.
"Who is your date anyway? I know you turned down Ron."
"Ron has the manners of a Niffler. I'm going with Viktor Krum," Hermione whispered as we left the common room and started walking towards the great hall. 
"You're going with Viktor?" I almost squeal as we descend the last moving staircase. 

Hermione stopped behind a wall and looks at me, "You go ahead. I just need a minute."
"Are sure? I can wait here with you."
"I insist. George is probably waiting for you," She smiles. I hug her quickly before pulling back and making my way down the steps. 

"Ah, Miss Potter. You can join Mr Weasley and Miss Patil into the great hall while you look for you're date," McGonagall says as she spots me descending the final step. 

Harry and Ron turn around to look at me causing me to blush in embarrassment. 

"Wow, Rosie," Harry looked me over, "Where did you get the dress?"
"We have some amazing godfathers, Harry. Now I better go meet my date."

I started moving ahead as I heard Harry speak to Ron, "Watch her. Make sure nobody makes any inappropriate grabs."
"You do realise she is going with George," Ron asked.
"Doesn't mean the others won't try steal her," Harry hissed. 

Their discussion was interrupted by McGonagall calling, "Come along." 

I carried on making my way in scanning the hall for two tall redheads, knowing one would not be far from the other. I glanced to my left, only to freeze as they met icy grey eyes. My breath hitched in my throat as I watched him look me up and down. A small smile on his face as he raised an eyebrow. His mesmerising eyes transporting me back to a few weeks ago, when he had corned me by the kitchens. I wonder what would have happened if I said yes? Would he have kissed me? Would I currently be wrapped in his arms, with that current charging through my veins? Before I could picture it he was yanked to the side, snatching his gaze from me and onto Pansy Parkinson, so that is who he ended up taking.