Chapter 11

The choir finished singing at the front of the room before dispersing back to their house tables some with toads in hand. 

As they stepped off the stage Dumbledore stepped up to the owl podium. 

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. I have a few things to say before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. First I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence against the dark Arts. Good luck, Professor." Dumbledore spoke gesturing to Uncle Remus who was sat next to Snape. 

"Potter! Potter!" A voice hissed from behind Harry and I, who I had sat close to on arrival in the great hall. 

"Is it true that you fainted? I mean you actually fainted?" Draco asked.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Ron spoke turning Harry back around. 

"I saw you're already sucking up to the new professor. You're such a pet." Draco hissed at me. 

I simply turned around to face Dumbledore, who continued with his speech. "Our care of magical creature teacher has decided  to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid." Dumbledore called gesturing to Hagrid who stood up and waved. 

Loud cheers echoed from the Gryffindor table in which I joined yelling "Go Hagrid!" while Seamus whistled from behind me. 

"Finally on a more disquieting note, at the request of the ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will ,until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

After Dumbledore had finished plates appeared in the middle of our table. I carefully help my self to a small portion of meat and vegetables not feeling overly hungry. When I was full after eating half my plate I pushed it down to Ron, who happily finished it. 

After being dismissed we headed up to common rooms. I walked with Ginny behind Fred and George. 

"What do you think the new professor will be like?" Ginny asked. 

"He seemed nice when I met him on the train." I answered as we made our way into the common up to our dorms. "I think I'm going to call it an early night. I'm not feeling too great." 

"Do you want me to get Hermione?" Ginny asked. 

"It's fine. I'll just sleep it off. I think it was that Dementor. " I spoke as I headed to the bathroom to change out of my robes. 

-=-

The next morning Ginny and I were on our way to the Dungeons for Potions. On arrival we took a seat not far from the class. Luna Lovegood followed us in and sat beside Ginny. 

I looked to the front to see Professor Snape sat behind his desk reading a book with his normal deep scowl resting upon his face.

"Herbifors" I cast quietly, pointing my wand to Snape's book. A simple red rose appeared on Professor Snape's book. 

A small smile appeared on his face briefly that unless you would have been paying attention you wouldn't have noticed. He looked up from his book and looked at me. I waved slightly with a smile on my face.