Chapter 50

The train gradually started to move, the city of London drifting further and further behind us. I watched through the window as open fields filled every side and as far as the eye could see.

"Are you going to go?" Ginny asked. I could tell she was itching to go and find Dean but didn't want to leave me on my own. 

Draco scared me, slightly. I know he wanted to see me but what if he only wanted to break up? He wouldn't break up with me on a train, surely? If he was going to break up with me, I think I'd prefer it now so I could gorge my feelings during the feast. 

"I'm scared," I admitted. "What if he breaks up with me in front of all his friends? None of them like me anyway, they'd just start laughing."

Ginny shook her head,  "You need to stop worrying about it besides Blaise likes you." 

This summer, Blaise had been around regularly, trying to convince me to come see him and Draco on the train. It'd seemed so far away until I was here. I contemplated the idea before a knock sounded on the door. 

Dean pulled the door open, "Don't mind if I steal my girlfriend, do you Rose?"

"I-"

I interrupted Ginny, "Go ahead."

"But you-" Ginny started. 

I interrupted her again, "It's fine. I'm going to go see him and I'll let you know what happens at the feast."

"Are you sure?" She doublechecked. 

"I'll be fine," I insisted. 

"Gin, she'll be fine," Dean insisted trying to pull her out of the cart. Ginny looked over her shoulder with concern but I shooed her on her way. We were both overly anxious for no reason, probably. 

I took a few more minutes by myself before I pushed myself up and out of the compartment, grabbing my bag with me. I closed it carefully behind me. Draco and his friends usually sat with the other Slytherins, either at the back or front of the train. 

I hedged my bets and headed for the front because I saw the Trolley Lady head that way so I could always turn around in an unawkward fashion by buying from her if they're not at the front. 

I was about to walk through one of the open carriages, which just had seats and no individual compartments, when I noticed Blaise and Pansy facing me. A small grin appeared on Blaise's face when he saw me. The person sat across from him leaned round to see and then Draco was making eye contact with me. I pushed my bag up on the racks above the chairs.

"You came," he grinned as I slid into the chair next to him. 

"Yeah, speak fast before I change my mind," I shrugged trying to seem unaffected but my heart raced almost a mile a minute. I fiddled with my hands, shoving them into the sleeves of my shirt, where I fiddled with my fingers. 

"Sweetheart," Draco smiled at me. Smiled... either this was the world's nicest break up or I wasn't being broken up with. 

"Why do you look like you're going to be sick?" Blaise leaned forwards on his hands. Pansy next to him shuffled back as if I was going to be sick on her. 

Draco put the back of his hand to my head, "Well you're not hot."

I swatted his hand away from me, "Get off. I groaned. I'm just nervous."

"Why are you nervous, Sweetheart? Do I make you nervous?" Draco teased as he leaned into me causing me to push him back. 

"I'm assuming by the nickname and your actions you're not breaking up with me so you better have a good reason on why you ignored me this summer," I crossed my arms leaning back. In an attempt to keep my face blank, I looked past him and out the window.