Chapter 70

Hermione and I had woken up this morning a strange buzzing feeling in the air as if something was going to happen. I had official ran out of Harry's t-shirts and was now having to wear loose ones of mine. They highlighted my bump significantly now, you could very much tell I was gone 7 months pregnant. 

"Hermione, Rosie?" Harry called from outside. 

We both shot bolt upright and turned to look at each other. Pushing the blankets off I followed Hermione out the front of the tent. Harry was stood at the top of the ditch we had pitched our tent in. 

"Is everything alright?" Hermione asked while I rubbed my arms up and down my arms to try and stay warm since I hadn't grabbed a jacket. 

"It's fine," Harry started, "Actually, you know, it's more than fine." Harry pointed behind him, which had Hermione racing up the slope with me following behind. I spotted the ginger hair before I'd even got all the way to the top. 

Hermione stopped and stared for a few seconds giving me time to slot in next to Harry as we all looked at Ron. In one hand he had the sword of Gryffindor and the other held the destroyed locket. 

"Hey." Ron's eyes latched onto Hermione not shifting to either Harry or I. Harry used this time to slid is jumper on me since he noticed my shivering. 

Hermione stormed forwards and shoved Ron, "You complete ass, Ronald Weasley. You show up here after weeks, and you say "hey"?" Ron stands there a bit in shock while Hermione spins around to me and Harry, "Where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand?"

"I don't know," Harry backs up.

Hermione keeps coming at him, "Harry Potter, you give me my wand!" 

Harry's back crashes into the tree, "I don't have it." 

Ron takes a step forward, "How come he's got your wand?" He stops moving when Hermione whips around to face him again. 

"Never mind why he's got my wand," Hermione voice was becoming more and more snappy. Hermione finally noticed the sword as she carefully stepped towards Ron, the steady crunch of leaves under her foot. "What is that?"

"Looks like the sword of Gryffindor to me," I remarked under me breath, earning a glare from Hermione. 

Ron raised up the locket for Hermione like it was a trophy and would redeem all his sins. "You destroyed it," she spoke the obvious fact. "And how is it that you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?" 

Harry spoke up since Ron was still stunned in silence at the attack on him, "It's a long story." 

Hermione glared at Ron, "Don't think this changes anything." 

"Oh, of course not," Ron sighed out. "I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux. Why would that change anything? Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

Harry perked up at this, "Yeah, how did you find us?"

"With this. It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub keeping away from some Snatchers and I heard it."

"It?" Harry asked her to elaborate. 

Ron nodded, "A voice... your voice, Hermione... coming out of it. "

Hermione was stand-offish with her hands crossed and the snarling bite in her voice, "And what exactly did I say, may I ask?"

"My name," Ron sighed out, "Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. And sure enough, it floated toward me, the ball of light went right to my chest, straight through me. Right here. And I knew it was gonna take me where I needed to go, so I disapparated and came to this hillside. It was dark. I had no idea where I was. I just hoped that one of you would show yourself. And you did."