Chapter 68

Hermione had been as miserable as a wet blanket since Ron had left. We waited out at the lake for him to come back but after a while we had to move on. We'd apparated away and set up camp on a hill, where Harry had put up the wards while I set the tent up. 

Harry was dancing around the living area to the random song playing on the radio to cheer Hermione up. It was working. I camped myself in the corner of the room, snuggled up in my blanket laughing at them. Harry still danced with two left feet, almost as badly as at the Yule Ball. 

Hermione made eye contact with me over Harry's shoulder. My heart dropped as she mouthed the words, 'It's time'. I couldn't stop her as she turned to Harry and pulled away, "Rose has  something she has been meaning to tell you." 

Harry stilled before turning around to me and raising his eyebrow. I glared at Hermione as she excused herself from the room, leaving an awkward tension between me and Harry. 

Harry moved a chair over to where I sat and sunk into it. "What's she on about, Rose?"

I didn't know how to tell him. It had gone past being scared to tell him weeks ago. I just had no idea how to talk to him, it seemed like such a small thing at this point in time. 

"Rose?" He prompted me, grabbing a hold of my hand, "You can tell me." 

I sighed, unravelling myself from my blanket cocoon. Bracing myself I pushed up to stand, facing him side on. I reached my hand to my back and pulled the oversized t-shirt until it clutched against my bump. It was a very clear bump. 

"When did you find out?" He voiced his eyes staring into my bump as if he glanced away it would disappear. 

I loosened the shirt before sinking back down and looking at him, "The day we got moved to the Burrow. Tonks figured it out before I had a clue." 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked his eyes still settled on where my bump remained concealed. 

My heart clenched, "I was scared. You never liked Draco and now I've got a mini him to care for. I figured you'd either hate me or be disappointed in me. I also figured, you wouldn't let me tag along and make me stay at the Burrow or with Remus and Tonks." 

Harry didn't say anything, nothing. I felt sick as he refused to make eye contact with me. I almost jumped as he reached across and grabbed my hand interlocking our fingers. "I could never hate you, Rose." I heaved a sigh of relief. "But you should have stayed with the order, it would have been safer." 

I laughed, "If I'd stayed with someone in the order they would be in danger. First, I'm your sister, number one bait for Harry Potter, the chosen one. Second, I wouldn't have gone to Hogwarts so I'd be breaking the law. The safest place for me, baby star and everyone is if I hide with you guys." 

"I still don't like you not telling me," Harry grumbled. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered. 

A gust of wind bashed into the side of the tent gaining my attention before I focused back on Harry, who was moving over towards me. I held my breath as he sat on the floor, squishing between my legs. "Hey, little one," Harry spoke. I chocked on my breath. "I'm your uncle. Your mum and I are going to take great care of you. You're going to love your mum. Everyone calls your mum, my shadow, when really I've just been trying to keep up with her."

My stomach fluttered or I think it was a flutter. It happened again, my hand shot to where the sensation had occurred before I felt a tiny tap against my hand. Baby star had been moving for weeks but never like this. This was her kicking. 

"What's wrong?" Harry looked up at me grabbing my wrist. 

I grabbed a hold of Harry's hand as I shifted his palm to where my hand had been. I waited for the kick before speaking, "Someone wanted to say hi."