Chapter 13

Weeks had past, the first Hogsmeade visit had come and gone. Ginny and I were on our way to finish our potion homework in the common room after dinner. Fred and George had decided to follow us in hopes of me completing their potion homework too. 

"I can't believe you did that, George. Dung bombs are getting a bit old aren't they?" I asked as Ginny and I laughed at the twins latest escapades. 

"The classics never get old!" George insisted. 

"Especially not on Filch!" Fred laughed high-fiving George as they laughed. 

Ginny and I turned round to face the portrait as we neared the common room. 

"What happened?" I asked as I saw the claw marks across the painting. 

"You don't think the fat lady was hurt." Ginny asked. 

"Can't say she didn't deserve it if she did." Fred and George spoke in sync. 

"She's a painting. I'm not sure they can die." I spoke to Ginny ignoring the twins. 

"Let me through, please. Excuse me. I'm head boy!" Percy spoke trying to get to the painting where a crowd had gathered round us. 

"And he'll never let us forget it." George chuckled so I elbowed him in the ribs. 

"Get back all of you." Percy said. "No one is to enter this dormitory until it's been fully searched."

I felt Ginny pushing away from me and heading down the stairs. "Ginny!" I called after her but saw she was talking to my brother. 

"Keep calm, everyone. Break into fours. Back to your common rooms." Percy called to try and maintain calm, not that anyone listens to Percy. 

"Make way" Dumbledore's echoing voice spoke so I stepped to the side and into Fred's arms as it was the only place to stand. 

"The headmaster's here." Percy called. 

"Come on, move." Dumbledore ordered.

"You heard. Move!" Percy shouted. 

Dumbledore stood in front of me and reached forward to touch the painting. Filch stood behind the scent of dung still drifting around him as he scanned the paintings. 

"Mr Filch." Dumbledore called. "Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the Fat Lady." 

"There's no need for ghosts, professor." Filch spoke in his monotone voice. "The Fat Lady's there." He pointed. 

Everyone rushed to the painting ignoring Percy's instructions and cries. I kept a tight hold of Fred's hand in order not to get lost in the crowd or trampled. When we reached the painting Dumbledore stood in front as we all semi-circled around. 

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked. 

 "Eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black!" 

"Secure the castle, Mr Filch. The rest of you to the great hall." Dumbledore ordered. 

-=-

He was there stood in the distance. The intruder. He waved at me ,a grin across his face. His echoing laugh erupted into the night as the full moon appeared from behind the cloud. He pointed to my right. I turned. There was a pile of bodies. An exact replica of my Boggart. 

I shoot up from my blankets, panting for breath. Sweat trickled down the side of my head. I hiccupped and sniffled as the bodies wouldn't leave my mind.