Game Over, Mom

*Some things never change. Although I have and so have the Gems, some things will always stay the same.*

*But still. I don't think I can forgive you yet.*

*You wouldn't see it or understand, but these years have been very hard for me.*

*Learning to trust people. And having that trust broken.*

*Finding out that the mother that was seen as a hero that I could never measure up to...was someone I had already surpassed*

*And also finding out....that no one expected me to be like her. Because they only wanted me to be me.*

*Connie:Steven, I want to be part of your Universe*

*Garnet:Steven. We'll always be your family*

*Amethyst:I won't let anyone put another thousand year war on you!*

*Connie:Steven. You must have been so afraid to let anyone see this side of yourself. But we're gonna take care of you just like you take care of us.*

*As strange as this may sound, I'm glad I went through all of that. No matter how much it hurt. If I hadn't....then I wouldn't have the strength I have now*

*And in a weird way, it's thanks to you. I trust you. I can't forgive you...but I trust you.*

*But then again....this is what you wanted, right? At the end of the day, all of this may have just been part of your game*

*But in the end? You're the one who got played. So I guess as Spinel would say:*

*You're the loser of this game that you didn't even know you were playing*

*So I end this by saying:*

*Game over, Mom.*

At that moment, the door opened and in walked Connie.

"Hey. You OK? I was worried about you and so are the Gems." She said, hugging Steven from behind as the hybrid finally broke his gaze from his mother's portrait.

"I'll be fine. Come on. I better let the Gems know." Steven said as he and Connie walked out the door, hand in hand as the portrait still hung on the wall.

Lurkerbelow

The_Lovely_Starlight

EndieStories

katlady1

FilippoMasiero2

SardsSU

Craftfury