What Have I done?(Villian Steven AU Origin)

(Narrator's POV)

It had been weeks since anything was heard. Garnet and the other Gems had heard any news about Steven. And the fusion could only blame herself. After all, it was because of her mishandling the situation that he wasn't with them now.

And it wasn't just the Gems that were worried. Greg was in a panic as well as Connie, the latter's father putting out an APB for the boy she loved. They knew Steven had left the hospital but it was unknown where he was now or who he was with.

"I can't believe we haven't heard anything. This is horrible." Pearl said sadly. She had been full of tears ever since she had to witness Garnet and Steven fighting. Even worse is how even after things had seemingly calmed down, Garnet(for whatever reason) kept attacking to the point where Bismuth and Lapis had to forcefully pull her off. So it was no surprise that everyone was furious at the fusion.

"It wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for a certain fusion losing her temper and acting like Steven was as bad as Jasper...." Amethyst said as Garnet looked at her.

"I was wrong. I don't know what came over me. It was just....seeing Steven with Jasper...and finding out she had been training him....and him looking the way he did because of it ......." The fusion said as Greg and Connie came in.

"Any news? Anything at all?" Pearl asked as Connie shook her head.

"No. Dad put out an APB but nothing has come up yet about Steven. As you can see, I haven't gotten much sleep myself. I'm worried, Pearl. I just wish I could hear his voice....just to know he's OK." The teen girl said sadly as Pearl hugged her.

Greg just sadly looked around the Beach House/Temple. It felt lonely without his son there to brighten things up. And while he himself was angry at Garnet, he knew what was important:Finding his son and making sure he was safe.

At that moment, Peridot came in.

"Peridot? What's wrong?" Garnet asked as Peridot ignored her. Anyone who knew Peridot knew how much she loved Steven and seeing Garnet do what she did to him was too much to bear.

"We have a transmission coming in on one of the communication hubs. It's coming from here on Earth, oddly enough." Peridot said as she and the others went to the hub, hoping it was some news on where Steven was.

"Alright. Incoming communication. Hmm? It's....a video call." Peridot said as she and the others looked on:

*Video Call  From Steven Universe*

*I wanted to talk to you all.*

*I've learned a lot during my time away. One big thing is that revenge is a confession of pain and I believe that wholeheartedly.*

*So with that said, I feel like confessing some things to guys today. I feel like that can help. I confess that I have problems I know I have problems, I've always had problems.*

*That's not hard for people to see, but there's a few of them, like anger, sometimes they can take me to places I don't want to be. Last time you saw me, it took me to a place that I shouldn't have come back from. I really shouldn't have.*

*But for whatever reason, I get chances. Chances that most people wouldn't get. But I confess that this time, I was happy, I was just content with it being over. I was okay with being away.*

*I wanted you to stop saying my name, I wanted you to leave me the Hell alone. but I confess that I'm really glad you didn't.*

*Because I needed you. I needed all of you. You pulled the swords out of my ribs, you pulled me up. You told me what I was supposed to do without even having to tell me and I'm thankful for that because now, I can see.*

*(Looks up with Diamonds in his eyes)*

*I know who you are. I know what you want, I know what you're trying to do and what you've all tried to do. But it won't work. I confess that as I continue along this journey that I'm going to do horrible things but I will never feel sorry for them.*

*Because now? I've learned what I'm truly capable of. And the fear is gone.*

*End of Video Call*

Everyone looked on in pure shock and disbelief at what they had just seen and heard. Pearl let out choking sobs and when Garnet tried to hug her, the Pale Gem pushed her away and ran back to the Temple.

Everyone else looked at the fusion and walked away, leaving Garnet to ask herself:

"What have I done?"

A dark one shot featuring the origin of my own Villain Steven AU.

Lurkerbelow

FilippoMasiero2

Connverse636

Jss2141

Astral_Soul

Endie_287