Human Issues

(Narrator's POV)

It was a peaceful day in Beach City as Steven looked out from the boardwalk as he watched the waves roll by and allowed his thoughts to wander and roam free. However, this moment of lapse would allow someone to take advantage.

"Huh? Who the...?" Steven began to say as he soon found a knife at his throat from behind by a masked person. No doubt some type of thug.

"Listen kid. I've heard about you and it's thanks to you that we gotta deal with these alien freaks! You're nothing but trouble and it's long past time someone did something about you!" The man said as Steven was about to say something but thought better of it due to the knife still at his throat.

"Say one word and I slit your throat. I'll be long gone before anyone can find out what I did to you." The masked man said as Steven remained quiet. He had to be careful as one false move would be costly. He knew he could heal from whatever the man did to him, but it was clear the hybrid preferred to not get his throat cut.

"Any last words before I end you, freak?" The masked man asked as Steven sighed.

"I'm pretty sure that this is pointless. You won't be able to pull this off." The hybrid said as the masked man chuckled.

"Oh really? And who's gonna stop me? I'm gonna...GUH!! (gurgling)" The masked man exclaimed as he soon found his head trapped in a water bubble by none other than Lapis, causing him to drop the knife.

"Wow. Now you even have other humans coming after you. But then again, that's what me and the rest of us are here for. This foolish human didn't realize that I was following him and heard everything he said. So do you want me to just end him, Steven?" Lapis asked as Steven shook his head.

"Nah. It's not worth it. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's not the only human who's got issues with me. I can't win, Lapis. Simple as that." The hybrid said as Lapis removed the water bubble from the man's head before walking away with Steven so the two of them could tell the Gems what happened.

"(Cough) Damn it." The masked man said as he simply grumbled and stomped away.

Craftfury

ThePippo38

Connverse636

Jss2141

Supersonic019