Steven Fights For His Life

*At the Empire City Medical Center*

Steven Universe was surrounded by his family and friends as he lay unconscious in a coma after a car crash. The Gems couldn't stop the tears from falling out of their eyes. Connie was inconsolable as she kept looking at her mother, hoping she'd say that the boy she loved would wake up soon. That he would pull through as he's done in so many of the battles, both personal and physical, in his life.

But what no one knew is that there was an internal battle happening inside the boy they loved...

*Inside Steven's mind...*

"Where am I?" Steven asked as he looked around what looked to be a desert of some kind.  How? The last place he remembered being at was in his Dondai....

"Hello? Anybody?" Steven called out to no answer....or so he thought.

"Hello, Steven." A voice said as Steven turned around and gasped at who he saw: It was him. But it was as if he was the son of Yellow Diamond!

"What?!? Yellow Diamond had a son?!? What's going on here?!? This isn't possible!" Steven exclaimed.

"Oh it's very possible. And I'm just as tough as any Diamond. The question is: Are you?"

"I'm not gonna fight you. I don't even know what's going on!" Steven exclaimed as YD Steven smirked.

"Then I guess you'll be destroyed!" He exclaimed as he threw a punch that Steven had to quickly block. Punch after punch until one landed and sent him into a nearby puddle.

"Heh. Looking pretty washed up there, Steven!" YD Steven laughed as Steven got an angry look and tried to summon his shield...only to realize that he couldn't! Looking at his navel....

"My Gem! It's gone!" Steven exclaimed. How was he going to win this battle without his powers?!? He only had a moment to think before YD Steven sent another punch towards him, but Steven quickly blocked and flipped him into the same puddle.

"Heh. Looks like you got some fight left in you. But will it be enough?" YD Steven said with a laugh as he was gone in a flash of Yellow light.

"Wait! What are you talking about?" Steven asked as the area around him changed....

*Meanwhile back in reality...*

The machine beeped as Pearl looked tearfully at her still Comatose Steven....

*Back in the dream world...*

"Steven......" A voice called out as Steven looked and found himself on a familiar Beach. It was the one where his Dad was taken by Blue Diamond. But why was he back here again?

"What's going on? Am I back in Korea?" He asked himself as the voice laughed.

"Right in the same spot where your Dad was taken!" The voice said again as Steven looked up and was forced to duck a gliding Scythe swing from what looked to be a Blue Diamond version of himself!

"What the?!? This can't be real...." Steven exclaimed.

"Oh it is. Trust me. But enough talk. Let's do this. Not like there's much else you can do, right?" BD Steven said in a polite and friendly voice as Steven sighed, knowing his Blue counterpart was right.

"Hyahh!" BD Steven exclaimed as he charged at Steven, who blocked a punch before getting floored with a flip. Steven then had to duck and evade multiple scythe swings before getting floored again with a leg sweep.

"Come on, Steven. Still with me?" BD Steven asked, grabbing and pulling Steven by his shoulder to his feet before slamming him against a nearby rock. Steven quickly evaded the Scythe swing as the weapon got stuck, allowing Steven to drop and disarm BD Steven with a punch!

"*groans* Impressive! But let's see how you do against your toughest challenge." BD Steven said with a smile as he disappeared in a flash of Blue light.

"Like that WASN'T tough?" Steven groaned as he trudged deeper into the woods until a white mist appeared to cloak the area. But this time Steven was ready.

"I knew I'd see you next." He said as he turned around and saw the White Diamond version of himself.

"Heh. I think you know how this goes by now." He said as Steven nodded and put his fists up....only for WD Steven to unleash an energy blast that Steven dodged!

"Whoa!" Steven exclaimed as he was forced to dodge another blast that sent him flying foward!

WD Steven used his telekinesis to lift a nearby log and smack it into Steven, sending him to the ground again! How was he going to beat this one?!?

"You know how strong White Diamond is! So why don't you just give up, Steven?!?" WD Steven exclaimed. But Steven just glared at him.

"No. I'm not giving up! I'll never give up!" Steven exclaimed as WD Steven smirked.

"Well...I guess that means..." He began to say...until he suddenly extended his hand and helped Steven up.

"You pass the test." He said as he was soon joined by YD and BD Steven.

"Test? What are you talking about?" Steven asked in confusion.

"You haven't been fighting us." YD Steven said.

"You've been fighting for your life." BD Steven said.

"And you proved that your will to keep going is stronger than any Gem or Diamond power." WD Steven said as all 3 of them touched their Gems. Steven smiled but was shocked that when he went to touch the area where his Gem normally was, it had returned!

*FLASH!*

*Beep!*

"*groans*

"Huh?!? Guys! He's waking up!" The frantic voice of Amethyst exclaimed as Steven awoke in the hospital surrounded by his loved ones.

"Steven...are you OK?" Connie asked tearfully as Steven smiled.

"Never felt better." He replied.

Lurkerbelow

R34L1TY

vergil222

EndieStories

SardsSU

godzilla15

Craftfury

The_Diamond_Hybrid

The_Lovely_Starlight