Date After Breakdown ("Breakdown" Story Aftermath)

Requested by Connverse636

(Narrator's POV)

A few days after Steven reconciled with the Gems and Connie, he and Connie went on a date as a way of making up for what happened during her sweet 16. Really, all Connie wanted was to spend time with Steven and show him that he was loved regardless of what had taken place.

However, while Steven had forgiven Connie and the Gems and even Dr Maheswaren for their parts in him getting sectioned, there was still one person the hybrid was extremely reluctant to even talk to, let alone forgive: His father. And despite her own anger at what had happened, Connie was trying her best to convince her still angered boyfriend to at least try and make peace with his father.

Sadly, it wasn't going well at all.

"No. Just no. I'm not going to do it, Connie. I don't care what you, the Gems or anyone says: Dad was an idiot. He went right along with your Mom's idea, had me taken away in a police car and had me sectioned. You could argue if it wasn't for him, I would have never even met Luna to begin with. I'm not just going to let that go." Steven said.

"But Steven, you haven't even TRIED to talk to your Dad. I know what he did and allowed was wrong and I was just as angry at him as I was with my Mom. But he was only doing......" Connie began to say.

"What he thought would help me. That's what you were going to say, right? That's everyone's excuse: "Steven, we only did this to help you." Or my personal favorite: "Steven we only did this because we care and want to protect you." Do you realize how fed up I am of hearing the same excuse from every single person who knowingly hurt me?!? What's next, Connie? Are you going to tell me that you're only telling me this because YOU care? Because I've heard that same thing from people who've had no issue hurting me!!!" Steven snapped as tears were now flowing out of Connie's eyes.

Not even uttering a word due to how utterly hurt she was, Connie simply ran away, tears flowing out of her eyes as Steven just watched her run off.

Connie hadn't gone that far. She had gone towards the beach.

"Awww. Had a little lover's quarrel?" A familiar voice said as Luna appeared, much to Connie's anger!

"You......this is all your fault!!!!!" Connie snapped as she drew her sword and charged at Luna....

(Flash!)

Only to be disarmed by a familiar blue beam!

"Hmm. Not as efficient as my old wand but it'll do." A voice said as Bluebird appeared. Connie was disarmed and outnumbered.

"Bluebird, right? Saw you in Steven's thoughts. I'd say we share a mutual interest for now, so....." Luna began to say until Bluebird laughed.

"A human that can read thoughts? Interesting. And I agree: We can use this human Steven is so fond of to make him see things our way...." Bluebird began to say until....

(Wham!!!)

A shield crashed into the fusion, disarming them before a spiked bubble fist poofed them!

"Luna." Steven said as he appeared in a new form: His skin was light pink and he had Diamonds in his eyes.

"Well well. A new form? Wasn't expecting this. In any case, that's all for today from me. But don't worry: We'll see each other again soon, Steven ~" Luna said as she vanished and escaped as Steven calmed back down into his normal state.

"Thanks for saving me." Connie said as she kissed Steven on the cheek, causing the hybrid to blush.

"I watched you run off before following you in this direction. I didn't mean to make you cry. And I'm sorry." Steven said as Connie smiled.

"No. I should apologize. I was trying to make you talk to your Dad. I was doing the same thing Mom did: Forcing myself into a situation. I'm sorry, Steven." She said as Steven smiled and kissed her as the two of them continued their date.

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

Craftfury

Jss2141