Fatherhood

(Narrator's POV)

"Let's see here: Place peg A into Hole B". Pearl said as she and Greg were building a crib for Steven and Connie's newly born baby girl. She'd be staying with the Gems and Greg in order to not only give the two newlywed parents a break, but so Greg could spend some time with his new granddaughter.

"OK. Now place peg C into Hole D." Pearl said as Amethyst could be heard snickering, which caused Greg to snicker as well, annoying Pearl.

"And if either of you say, "That's what she said" one more time, I swear you won't like what happens. Honestly, so many years have passed and you two are still as immature as ever." The Pale Gem said as Garnet came in.

"Steven and Connie will be here soon. Will you two stop messing around? You barely have the crib built." The fusion said, crossing her arms as Pearl groaned.

"Garnet, blame Greg and Amethyst! They're the ones....ugh. Nevermind. Let's just keep working. When did they say they'd be here?' The Pale Gem asked.

"In 30 minutes. So you two had better shape up and finish that crib or else the baby will sleep in the bed with you, Pearl." The fusion warned as Pearl shook her head and got back to work.

And 20 minutes later, she and Greg had finally finished the crib, arguments and all.

"Looks good, you two. And with ten minutes to spare. However, I predict that Steven and Connie will be here in 3....2....1..." The fusion said as the door opened and in walked Steven and Connie, the hybrid being the one holding his sleeping daughter in his arms.

"Aww. She's so cute. I can't wait for Lapis and Peridot to see her." Amethyst said as Steven smiled at his father.

"Thanks for watching Stephanie, Dad. I swear it's been nonstop since she was born. We could use a break." Steven said as Greg chuckled.

"That's fatherhood, son. Believe me: It only gets crazier and more exhausting from here. But I know you can handle it, Steven." The elder Universe said as Steven chuckled.

"Yeah. I think I'll be alright. Besides, it feels great being a father." The hybrid said as Connie kissed him on the cheek before looking at Pearl.

"We'll be at the house if you need us, you guys. The only time we'll be out is tomorrow night for a dinner date but we should be home within a couple of hours, so don't worry." Connie said as she gave Stephanie a kiss before handing her to Garnet.

"Thanks again, you guys. Love you." Steven said before leaving with his wife.

"I think you're going to be amazing just like your father, Stephanie." Garnet said as she and Amethyst fawned over the infant as Pearl and Greg looked out the window where Steven and Connie were looking out at the ocean while in each other's embrace.

"My son has become a man. He doesn't need me anymore. But I'm glad he trusts me to watch his child." Greg said.

"She's your granddaughter, Greg. Why wouldn't Steven trust you with her?' Pearl asked as Greg chuckled and shrugged.

"Eh..I'm rambling I guess. I really am getting old." He said as Pearl rolled her eyes.

JuanitasUniverse

Connverse636

Craftfury

Jss2141

ThePippo38

Lurkerbelow