Bravery or Stupidity?

From:Connverse636

(Narrator's POV)

Connie got her old sword from the closet and put her athletic gear on since her old training gear from when she was 12 didn't fit anymore. She looked at Lion and petted him.

"Lion. Im sorry but I have to do this alone. Steven's done so much for me. And everytime...every single time...I've felt absolutely useless to him. When he needed me, I couldn't do for him what he did for me. But that all ends today. I know Bluebird is still around here and is lurking around the outskirts. Most likely the forest. And I'm going to hunt that little cockroach of a fusion down and make sure they never come after Steven again. But I can't let anyone know. Not the Gems or anyone because I know they'll try and stop me. But I'll be back. I promise." Connie said with determination in her voice as she headed out and towards the woods where she began her search.

After what seemed like ages of tracking, she finally heard a noise. A familiar laughter. But it was BEHIND her. And before she could even react, Bluebird sent her into a nearby log, knocking her down and disarming her!

"Foolish human! You really believed I had no idea you were following me? Us Gems have superior senses to you humans! So I would have heard even the smallest noise you made! And luckily for me, yours weren't so small! But in any case, you are the human Steven Universe is fond of, are you not?" Bluebird asked as Connie glared at the fusion.

"I came after you alone! You won't go after Steven anymore! He's suffered enough because of you Homeworld Gems and I won't stand to see him suffer because of you anymore!" She snapped as Bluebird laughed.

"Suffering?!? Oh believe me: I plan on tormenting your precious Steven Universe for a long time to come! And your pleas in his defense matter not to me. He will continue to suffer as long as my form remains intact!" The fusion said until....

*POOF!!*

"There. Now your form is no longer intact." Pearl said as she bubbled the Ruby and Aquamarine Gems left behind by the poofed Bluebird before looking at Connie in both concern and disappointment.

"Pearl....I.....wanted to find Bluebird myself. I always feel so useless to Steven. He's done so much for me and everyone else and I can never do even a fraction as much for him when he needs it. And...I couldn't stand feeling like that...." Connie began to say...

"So you figured coming out here with no backup and massive rust from lack of training was the best course of action to deal with this problem? What were you thinking, Connie? Don't you ever do anything reckless like this again. It's a good thing Peridot saw you and let us know." The Pale Gem said scoldingly as Connie looked away.

Sighing, Pearl put her hand on Connie's shoulder.

"Let me tell you this: I know how you feel. We all do. Myself, Garnet and Amethyst have always felt this way. Steven's done so much for us. He's taken care of us for so long at the cost of his own self and we always feel so useless when he needs us the most. But if there's one thing I do know, its that this was a foolish move and it's one Steven wouldn't approve of you doing. The best thing you do for him, whether you know it or not, is be there for him and love him. You mean so much to him, Connie. And that holds more value than Bluebird's Gems." The Pale Gem said as Connie smiled and followed her out of the woods.