A Change In Tactics

Steven was relaxing in Little Homeworld when the Warp Pad went off and Holly Blue Agate appeared with Bluebird, much to the fear of everyone!

"What are you two doing here?!? Why don't you just leave Steven alone already?!?" Amethyst snapped as Holly Blue sighed.

"Calm down. We only came here to talk. Then we shall leave for good." Holly Blue said as Steven looked at the Gems, who still had their weapons drawn. Connie had her sword out.

"Let's hear them out. *looks at Holly Blue and Bluebird* So what did you want to say?" Steven asked.

"It's time for a change in tactics. Throughout each of our encounteres, I've come to understand that I can't beat you, Steven." Holly Blue said as Bluebird fluttered around her, sullen but accepting look on her face.

"You are patiently unpredictable! The constant inconsistency! That's why no one can plan or beat you! It's foolhardy to keep trying at this point!" Bluebird exclaimed until Holly Blue raised a hand to silence her.

"Wha?!? What the heck are you two even saying?!?" Amethyst snapped as Holly Blue sighed.

"Allow us to say it in a way you can understand. Many Gems have tried in vain to defeat you, Steven. Sad to say that Spinel came the closest yet she couldn't even do it. Not even White Diamond herself could beat you. You are simply a variable that cannot be accounted for." Holly Blue explained.

"No matter who stands against you, fate always ensures your victory. If anyone were to act, something or someone will always thwart any plan or rescue you. And it's honestly something we've grown tired of." Bluebird explained.

"So does that mean you're done trying to kill me?" Steven asked hopefully as Holly Blue chuckled.

"Heh. For now. And yes: We are through trying to kill YOU. But you see, the advantage we have is time. As immortal beings, we and any other Gem can wait you out. I've seen it with those zoo humans and you are no different." She said as Bluebird laughed.

"We may not be able to defeat you, but you will never know peace. Nor will your offspring or their offspring. Us being immortal means we can just torture all who come after you for all eternity!" Bluebird exclaimed.

"You know we won't let that happen. You two aren't the only ones who are immortal." Garnet said angrily.

"Good luck trying to stop us, fusion. But for now, rest easy knowing that your precious Steven no longer has anything to fear from us....for now at least." Holly Blue said with a smirk as she and Bluebird warped away.

"Those two are twisted." Steven said as Amethyst smiled.

"Hey look at it this way: You must have made quite an impression on them if they now have decided to just wait until you die naturally." The Purple Gem said as everyone gave her a look of annoyance.

But for now, at least Steven didn't have to worry.

This is based off a what if theory I came up with.

Lurkerbelow

vergil222

EndieStories

The_Lovely_Starlight

mama_kurogiri

FilippoMasiero2

SardsSU

Zach150

Yoel_Armas_Jr

Craftfury